Poster Awards 2017

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: Poster Awards 2017

Postby BYRNES#1 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:28 am

Is it just me or am I the only one shaking in my nikes? :shock: :lol:
I dont give em hell, I just tell them the truth & they think its hell.
BYRNES#1
Heisman

Postby DeCavelier » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:21 pm

I’m still lurking around. Got a LOT of irons in the fire. Once they get pulled out and...well...I’ll post these awards. Then I’m definitely taking an indefinite break from PFT and taking on a more permanent role at S C Prep Talk.

Thanks Cat Fan. Busy trying to WOW them at the new job. Still on my 1st 90 days. So far 6 weeks in and no missed days and one night that I clocked in 2 minutes late.

Also using the 3D printer to make an impression...

First two are how they are labeling their machines currently.
The 3rd is a magnetic printed label with the magnets printed internally into the plastic.

I guess the first number is nearly gone from years of wiping down the machine. The plastic ID# can be pulled off to clean the machine and then put back on.
“Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine.”- Elvis Presley
DeCavelier
All-American

Postby DeCavelier » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Also check out Typloni.com

They have an idea I tried out to keep my cat from sleeping on my Direct TV receiever. As you can see the cat must be part Hindu or something.

If you guys ever have an idea or sketch for something, send it to Typloni.com. They will get it made for you.
DeCavelier
All-American

Postby DeCavelier » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:30 pm

Still can't get a doggone Dorman schedule. EHS Meangreen says he's not sure they've released one yet.
DeCavelier
All-American

Postby mikey » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:54 pm

[quote=“DeCavelier”]I’m still lurking around. Got a LOT of irons in the fire. Once they get pulled out and...well...I’ll post these awards. Then I’m definitely taking an indefinite break from PFT and taking on a more permanent role at S C Prep Talk.

Thanks Cat Fan. Busy trying to WOW them at the new job. Still on my 1st 90 days. So far 6 weeks in and no missed days and one night that I clocked in 2 minutes late.

Also using the 3D printer to make an impression...

First two are how they are labeling their machines currently.
The 3rd is a magnetic printed label with the magnets printed internally into the plastic.

I guess the first number is nearly gone from years of wiping down the machine. The plastic ID# can be pulled off to clean the machine and then put back on.[/quote]are those machines Fanuc controls?
" the only easy day, was yesterday "
mikey
All-American

Postby DeCavelier » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:37 am

Yeah, those are Fanuc arms inside the machine but the machines are not Fanuc machines.

The machines are ANCA's from Australia. Great tool grinding CNC machines. Can make almost any cutting tool you can think of. I never had the luxury of a machine with a Fanuc arm though. The ANCA at my old job had a wonky internal proprietary arm that was about as dependable as...well...remember in Star Wars when Luke goes to buy the droid and the first one blows up. That was pretty much my day to day experience with the old robot arm. Was supposed to be able to load up a pallet of tool blanks and let 'r rip throught the night. I'd do a four corner test, then watch the robot arm load and unload like the first 11 tools of a 33 tool tray and say, "Ok...she's a go!", and leave for the night.

I'd come in the next morning and I kid you not, half the time the stupid arm would have managed to pull the entire tray of tools off the base and dump them into the bottom of the machine. Either that or it'd get stuck trying to lift a blank and cause the machine to error out and sit all night. Other nights it was somewhere in between, it would have apparently tried to pull the whole tray off the base and nearly succeed because some mornings the pallet would be half hanging off the base with the arm still gripping the tool blank.

I know what you're thinking...operator error. Turns out the arm was just thrown in there at the last minute at the factory without being squared up and qualified correctly. Had to have a tech from Australia come and shim up all the connection points for the arm cause everything was crooked when we got the machine. Then I heard from other companies that all those robot arms were poop.

The Fanuc arm is the real deal. Tripping to watch it change wheelpacks and tools. They won't let me play with the Fanuc arm yet. Maybe they heard about my success rate with the first machine I ran with a loader installed. Haha.
DeCavelier
All-American

Previous

Return to Class 5A