Most underachieving 5A team this year

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: Most underachieving 5A team this year

Postby DeCavelier » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:34 pm

I know that Gaffney had a quality stable this year but I’m convinced that any Gaffney team led by jones/littlejohn will always be over achieving and all the credit would go to the players. Probably just the other side of the same argument though.
“Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine.”- Elvis Presley
DeCavelier
All-American

Postby notabyrnesfan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:58 pm

good point. the players do all they can but gaffney wont win anything of significance until those two incompetent coaches are removed. id think even rival schools would feel sorry for the kids who are being cheated in the long run by jones and littlejohn stealing paychecks! if gutshall retired tomorrow and dorman hired freddie brown id cry a tear for those kids, maybe even if it happened at byrnes. at some point there has to be a breaking point with the Super and/or board. you can only lose so much money as an athletic department before something gives and god bless the new head man over the booster clubs heart in this catastrophic time in gaffney football history.

[quote=“DeCavelier”]I know that Gaffney had a quality stable this year but I’m convinced that any Gaffney team led by jones/littlejohn will always be over achieving and all the credit would go to the players. Probably just the other side of the same argument though.[/quote]
notabyrnesfan
All-American

Postby DeCavelier » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:39 pm

Very good post NABF. I'll regret putting my two cents in. I remember helping Vike fans lobby for a new coach and then they got one and after one win we then dropped 4 straight to them.

I'll lament for the kids if Jones stays but I probalby won't need a box of tissues. :mrgreen:
“Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine.”- Elvis Presley
DeCavelier
All-American

Postby likeitRnot » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:09 pm

Here is my thing with Gaffney Fans....when Gaffney turned it around the tone changed!

I have taken some slack but I never changed my tone about Byrnes offense! :roll:
likeitRnot
All-American

Postby mikey » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:19 pm

[quote=“likeitRnot”]Here is my thing with Gaffney Fans....when Gaffney turned it around the tone changed!

:roll:[/quote]

Not this injun....stupid play calling and time management cost us against Dorman....imo
" the only easy day, was yesterday "
mikey
All-American

Postby 1CANNON » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:00 pm

[quote=“mikey”][quote=“likeitRnot”]Here is my thing with Gaffney Fans....when Gaffney turned it around the tone changed!

:roll:[/quote]

Not this injun....stupid play calling and time management cost us against Dorman....imo[/quote]

EyE cOnKuR Mikey79
This Indian fan wasn't content with the wins, I give all credit to the talent and resilience attitude of the young men that make up the Indian team
YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!
1CANNON
All-American

Previous

Return to Class 5A