Woodruff Coaching is now open

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Woodruff Coaching is now open

Postby DHSCavsFan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:57 pm

Trey Elder left to be OC at North Greenville U.

This is a good job, but kind of late though. This would be a good job for Phil Smith.
DHSCavsFan
Varsity

Re: Woodruff Coaching is now open

Postby blister » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:39 pm

Not really. Some folks are meant to be head coaches, some are meant to be assistants.
blister
Freshman

Postby Leander » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:00 pm

I could see strickland from newberry, hodges from chapman, barnes from sumter, morgan from eastside and lane from clover being interested and good candidates for this job
Leander
Freshman

Postby Wolverine Legend » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:21 pm

Leander wrote:I could see strickland from newberry, hodges from chapman, barnes from sumter, morgan from eastside and lane from clover being interested and good candidates for this job

Brian Lane was our coach from 2008-2013. I love Brian but we wouldn't bring him back for a second stint.

Now, I would LOVE to have Hodge. He might consider it since all of the talent at Chapman has or will be graduating and they don't look to be very good this year.
Welcome to Woodruff, the original title town. Pardon us for the beatdown you are about to receive. We hope you enjoy your visit, and please come again soon!
Wolverine Legend
All-American

Postby BYRNES#1 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:14 am

I personally dont see Hodge leaving Chapman, he has a good thing going there & the talent level there isnt less than the talent level at Woodruff. By that I simply mean that Woodruffs talent pool isnt any better than Chapmans talent pool, not enough difference to warrant a move from what he has built at Chapman.
I figure he will wait out there until a big job like Spartanburg comes along IMO.
Seems like I remember Phil Smith being in the running last time at Woodruff when Elder was hired.
I dont give em hell, I just tell them the truth & they think its hell.
BYRNES#1
Heisman

Postby TIM » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:37 pm

I think B1 should apply. Seems Woodruff loves going after anyone from Byrnes....and of course, he is Byrnes #1!! you'd look good in a wolverine shirt B!!! Good luck with the chain crew though, some of those guys are nuts...... :mrgreen:
PRIDE, CLASS, COURAGE AND THE WILL TO WIN
TIM
All-American

Postby region2 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:22 pm

Although a couple of you have thrown his name out there, I just don't see Smith at Woodruff. Just don't see how you can hire a guy that did nothing at the program he was previously at. I know it is Riverside and nobody is going to win championships there. Just not enough talent. But nothing really improved under his watch. And when it doesn't a coach shouldn't throw his players under the bus at the local Touchdown Club. Might can get away with that at Riverside, but not in Woodruff.
region2
All-American

Postby baller4life » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:02 pm

I would go after the offensive coordinator at South Pointe. He has been the most successful player caller around the upstate.
baller4life
Freshman

Postby region2 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:24 pm

[quote=“baller4life”]I would go after the offensive coordinator at South Pointe. He has been the most successful player caller around the upstate.[/quote]

Just about any OC in the state would have been very successful with that QB surrounded by all that talent. He might be the next Vince Lombardi, but South Pointes success had a while lot to do with the Jimmy's and the Joe's, not the X's and the O's.
region2
All-American

Postby tomahawk97 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:29 am

Donnie Littlejohn Gaffney 's OC would be a good candidate here. His offenses has average over 30 points per game the last 7 seasons and I hear he is looking to finally become a head coach.
tomahawk97
JV

Next

Return to Class 5A