Woodruff Coaching is now open

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: Woodruff Coaching is now open

Postby DHSCavsFan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:36 am

region2 wrote:Good point. I forgot about Hillcrest getting shoved into that other region. In that region one could not make the playoffs but be good enough to beat some 2 seeds from other areas. Figure Union would pay better than Greenville County, but don't know for sure. And I think Union gets reclassified back to 3A, but maybe I am wrong about that. And Union will probably continue to get smaller over the years just because folks will need to move where the jobs are.

Union has fan support when they are losing, plus Porter would have 2 middle school programs to pull from, Jonesville and Sims. There is a group of kids coming from Sims that is very talented. Plus he would have more coaches working for him. As for pay, I think it might be a little more than he currently makes, but not by much. Plus Union will be the biggest school in 3a. I really think Union's population has bottom out. Porter was in the final 3 when the job was filled 2 years ago. Even though I think he is the right coach, I believe Lawson will be the new coach.
DHSCavsFan
Varsity

Re: Woodruff Coaching is now open

Postby tomahawk97 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:58 am

[quote=“DHSCavsFan”][quote=“region2″]Good point. I forgot about Hillcrest getting shoved into that other region. In that region one could not make the playoffs but be good enough to beat some 2 seeds from other areas. Figure Union would pay better than Greenville County, but don’t know for sure. And I think Union gets reclassified back to 3A, but maybe I am wrong about that. And Union will probably continue to get smaller over the years just because folks will need to move where the jobs are.[/quote]

Union has fan support when they are losing, plus Porter would have 2 middle school programs to pull from, Jonesville and Sims. There is a group of kids coming from Sims that is very talented. Plus he would have more coaches working for him. As for pay, I think it might be a little more than he currently makes, but not by much. Plus Union will be the biggest school in 3a. I really think Union’s population has bottom out. Porter was in the final 3 when the job was filled 2 years ago. Even though I think he is the right coach, I believe Lawson will be the new coach.[/quote]i agree Union has great fan support one of our best gates regardless of what sport and vise versa, but the rivalry has been pretty much one sided lately but Gaffney should always play union regardless. Union county should consider putting Blacksburg on there schedule also since they are dropping down to 3A and Blacksburg and Jonesville had a good rivalry in the 80s and 90s until they combined the schools it would give them a good gate and a better chance of getting a victory. Good as coach as Porter is Lawson would be the perfect fit being home grown and Union had some of there greatest success when he was there as an assistant in the late 90s early 2000s. The community there would support Lawson being the coach 100%.
tomahawk97
JV

Previous

Return to Class 5A