Woodruff Coaching is now open

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: Woodruff Coaching is now open

Postby BYRNES#1 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:15 am

[quote=“TIM”]I think B1 should apply. Seems Woodruff loves going after anyone from Byrnes....and of course, he is Byrnes #1!! you’d look good in a wolverine shirt B!!! Good luck with the chain crew though, some of those guys are nuts...... :mrgreen:[/quote]

Um.... No Thank you, I'll stick with my blowing smoke & helmet duties at Byrnes. ;) :D
I dont give em hell, I just tell them the truth & they think its hell.
BYRNES#1
Heisman

Postby region2 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:33 am

[quote=“tomahawk97”]Donnie Littlejohn Gaffney ’s OC would be a good candidate here. His offenses has average over 30 points per game the last 7 seasons and I hear he is looking to finally become a head coach.[/quote]

Another of the Gaffney faithful trying to convince somebody, anybody, to take him away from Gaffney.
region2
All-American

Postby BC9Mark9 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:02 am

I have had the pleasure of listening to to Coach Mac speak at various clinics and also watch them practice. Although South Pointe has great talent, I think we would all agree that to win 4 in a row takes just a little coaching and more than a bus driver. :lol: . I am not sure there is a better OC in the state.
BC9Mark9
Freshman

Postby region2 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:35 pm

Am sure he is good, but wouldn't consider him any more special than many others. Talent wins, and he had far superior talent than the competition every Friday. Heck, their best play was rolling the pocket one way, and then Kendrick just taking off the other way. Can't tackle what you can't catch. Not saying the coach isnt good, but just about anybody calling plays would look like a genius with that bunch
region2
All-American

Postby 3-3 Stack » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:34 am

[quote=“baller4life”]I would go after the offensive coordinator at South Pointe. He has been the most successful player caller around the upstate.[/quote]
Really??? Stud right, stud left, stud throw it deep. That is easy play calling.
3-3 Stack
All-American

Postby Carolinasports » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:19 am

It's easy to do big things as an OC with Derion Kendrick behind center. SP had one of the most backyard playground offenses in High School Football. :lol: :lol:

Scramble Scramble Throw!
Carolinasports
Freshman

Postby fan4awhile » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:32 pm

[quote=“3-3 Stack”][quote=“baller4life”]I would go after the offensive coordinator at South Pointe. He has been the most successful player caller around the upstate.[/quote]
Really??? Stud right, stud left, stud throw it deep. That is easy play calling.[/quote]
Interesting discussion.....on one side SP does have several studs, and watching DK was like watching tecmo bowl many times and he wasnt the only stud on offense. Other side is that it isnt his fault that he has studs and SP has a defense that gets stops and scores. However, doesnt mean he could call with less talent either....maybe just an unknown. Would think he must be pretty decent though if Coach Herron hired him
fan4awhile
Freshman

Postby baller4life » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:33 pm

[quote=“3-3 Stack”][quote=“baller4life”]I would go after the offensive coordinator at South Pointe. He has been the most successful player caller around the upstate.[/quote]
Really??? Stud right, stud left, stud throw it deep. That is easy play calling.[/quote]

So then based on what you are saying then ... these OC are / were not worth anything
Bobby Bently
Kyle Richardson
Tommy Knotts
Play calling is just that easy :lol: :lol:
baller4life
Freshman

Postby region2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:02 pm

Sure, they are good play callers. But they built there programs as the head coach. DF wasn't a killer Knott's first year. Bentley really struggled his first two years at Byrne's until he built the program. Of course, you have to have a little bit of sense when calling plays. But when you have superior talent it is amazing how just about everything works. The Jimmy's and the Joe's have always been way more important than the X's and the O's.
region2
All-American

Postby BC9Mark9 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:07 am

What are you guys hearing? I think they held interviews on Wednesday. Do they hire an up and coming coach or hire a head coach?
BC9Mark9
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to Class 5A