JB'S PICKS

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: JB'S PICKS

Postby gaffney44 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:05 am

Like a red headed one I hope...
gaffney44
Freshman

Postby silverfox92 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:43 pm

[quote=“FORTD2K”]The cupboard is far from bare at fort. We have some young studs who are putting in major work this off-season. The QB this season played just as much as Joyner last year so he won’t have the deer in the headlights look. This team will be interesting to watch.[/quote]

Yeah but he isn’t a 4 star receiving major D1 offers. Joyner was the life of that program. Before his tenth grade season a lot of teams didn’t fear FD. Now I’m not saying you guys won’t be good because he’s gone but I think you’ll will likely take a step back and lose a couple games due to being young. LaPrad has his work cut out, if he’s as good as you say he is... this is the year to prove it.
silverfox92
JV

Postby PurpleandOrange » Thu May 10, 2018 10:23 am

I don't believe NW should be ranked 3rd and I don't know what that could be based on beyond previous to last years history. NW will definitely get tested with South Pointe, Byrnes, Dorman, Sumter, and Dutch Fork on the non-conference schedule.
Go Trojans!!!!!
PurpleandOrange
Freshman

Postby FORTD2K » Thu May 10, 2018 12:25 pm

Can't question heart and work ethic. These young men are hungry. They're working hard in the off-season. These kids play for each other. We can't replace Joyner but what he did is set the standard. Problem with fort in years past was we couldn't get out our own way. Talent was there but that killer instinct, and refuse to lose attitude was not there.
FORTD2K
Freshman

Postby silverfox92 » Fri May 11, 2018 3:10 pm

[quote=“FORTD2K”]Can’t question heart and work ethic. These young men are hungry. They’re working hard in the off-season. These kids play for each other. We can’t replace Joyner but what he did is set the standard. Problem with fort in years past was we couldn’t get out our own way. Talent was there but that killer instinct, and refuse to lose attitude was not there.[/quote]

I’m surprised that you all aren’t on our schedule. I thought it was turning into one of those historical state rivals in the lower state. Not sure who didn’t want to schedule who? Seems like they are tired of playing in the regular season and playoffs. Think LaPrad will rather a playoffs winner takes all game versus playing a team like DF twice? Who knows I just hope it will be another fun and exciting season.
Last edited by silverfox92 on Sat May 12, 2018 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
silverfox92
JV

Postby Trojanlatex » Fri May 11, 2018 8:57 pm

Word to the wise don't get worked up over these projections. If Northwestern was even in the top 25 in 5A it wouldn't bother me a bit. Don't sleep on the Trojans this year, they have arisen from the ashes like the Phoenix and are coming back like Revenge of the Jedi. We've always had the players and the coaching is vastly better...stay tuned!!!
Trojanlatex
JV

Postby SackThe_Back » Fri May 11, 2018 9:21 pm

I want to see fort go down so bad. If Wando could beat them, that'd be even better, but not gonna happen.
Never be diffrent unless diffrent is much, much better.
SackThe_Back
Freshman

Postby silverfox92 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:31 am

[quote=“Trojanlatex”]Word to the wise don’t get worked up over these projections. If Northwestern was even in the top 25 in 5A it wouldn’t bother me a bit. Don’t sleep on the Trojans this year, they have arisen from the ashes like the Phoenix and are coming back like Revenge of the Jedi. We’ve always had the players and the coaching is vastly better...stay tuned!!![/quote]

One thing for sure you all will be tested. How good do you expect to be? You guys were 7-5 last year. How much talent returns and can you give me a brief background about the team(type of offense and defense is ran)? SP, Byrnes, Dorman, Sumter, RV and DF is murders row. You guys could easily start off 0-6. I’d like to hear some of your thoughts.
silverfox92
JV

Postby Cowboys33 » Sun May 13, 2018 2:17 pm

I expect Goose Creek to be very competitive this year and make the playoffs but I'd give them another year before they'll be back to making title runs so get ready Slick
Cowboys33
All-American

Postby silverfox92 » Sun May 13, 2018 10:58 pm

[quote=“Cowboys33”]I expect Goose Creek to be very competitive this year and make the playoffs but I’d give them another year before they’ll be back to making title runs so get ready Slick[/quote]

Think Goose Creek will overtake the Fort and become king of the low country again?
silverfox92
JV

PreviousNext

Return to Class 5A