Preseason Region Favorites

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: Preseason Region Favorites

Postby silverfox92 » Wed May 23, 2018 10:18 pm

[quote=“Carolinasports”]Based on the State Championship starting line up. Returning 7 on offense and 4 on defense with Jamar Walker DT, Lance Fuhr LB, Josiah Commander LB, Hugh Ryan S, and throw in the new guy Akele Pauling with guys coming up from JV. That makes them a tough out. No telling how many new guys roll in before the 1st game. He has always had talent, but not loaded with elite players like a Bryce Thompson. Which is irrelevant when going up against Knotts, which is my point. He has been doing it with less since back in the 80′s when he was coaching at Harding. Than he left to Indy and went 63-1 before leaving to Duke for 1 year.[/quote]

Jailin Hyatt is going to make some noise this year. He’s a 6’2” junior and is lightning quick! We also got 2 TE transfers, 6’2” Carson Massengale from Oscar Smith HS in Virginia and 6’4” Jordan Springs from Lownes HS in Valdosta, Ga. Both are phenomenal blockers and have great hands. Springs is a 3 star prospect and Massengale has drawn comparisons to Hayden Hurst.
silverfox92
Freshman

Postby Carolinasports » Thu May 24, 2018 8:59 am

Neither Springs,Hyatt,or Massengale, are new guys. They all played for Dutch Fork last year. I would say Hoff, Hyatt, and Springs all have great upside but none have stars beside their names as of now. I believe this Team will go far. I could definitely see a 3 repeat. I question if they will go undefeated though.
Carolinasports
Freshman

Postby silverfox92 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:04 am

[quote=“Carolinasports”]Neither Springs,Hyatt,or Massengale, are new guys. They all played for Dutch Fork last year. I would say Hoff, Hyatt, and Springs all have great upside but none have stars beside their names as of now. I believe this Team will go far. I could definitely see a 3 repeat. I question if they will go undefeated though.[/quote]

Massengale and Springs came the year before played on the JV squad a lot and played in the varsity blowout games. Now they have a chance to get more playing time and TK seems to trust his underclass men.
silverfox92
Freshman

Postby FORTD2K » Fri May 25, 2018 8:18 am

Dutch fork is a very very well coached team. We have pretty good coaches at fort but not the level of coach Knotts. To be honest when fort plays Dutch fork it seem we bring out the best in the foxes. I've seen the year they tore us up at lower state, but didn't play with the same intensity as they did vs fort. I'mma miss those games. But gonna keep an eye on the foxes. I was in attendance to support when they played boiling springs. Good luck foxes maybe we can meet up again at lower state for the 3rd straight year
FORTD2K
Freshman

Previous

Return to Class 5A