Preseason Region Favorites

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Preseason Region Favorites

Postby 1CANNON » Fri May 18, 2018 9:26 pm

Who's your Preseason region picks ?
YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!
1CANNON
All-American

Re: Preseason Region Favorites

Postby WarPaint74 » Mon May 21, 2018 12:40 am

Gaffney is my pick to win it all. Spartanburg County will be pretty much irrelevant on the road to the championship this year, especially district seven.
Dutch Fort will finish a very distant runner up. Nobody will remember who finishes after that anyway. I’m pretty sure Dutch Fork will want to forget also.

“MIGHTY INDIANS - 18 in 2018”
WarPaint74
All-American

Postby Dorman#1 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:50 am

With 5 starters returning on both sides of the ball and a new transfer coming in expect Dorman to do some damage this year.
YOU'RE NEXT!!

2x State Champions: 2000, 2009
Dorman#1
Varsity

Postby silverfox92 » Mon May 21, 2018 12:49 pm

[quote=“WarPaint74”]Gaffney is my pick to win it all. Spartanburg County will be pretty much irrelevant on the road to the championship this year, especially district seven.
Dutch Fort will finish a very distant runner up. Nobody will remember who finishes after that anyway. I’m pretty sure Dutch Fork will want to forget also.

“MIGHTY INDIANS - 18 in 2018”[/quote]

I can guarantee you Gaffney won’t be able to hang with DF this year. I will be surprised if this team lost. We are absolutely STACKED!! Not to mention we will be tested by the time we have to play for the title and it will be very hard to beat a Knotts team that is focused and locked in. Hopefully Gaffney makes it that far or this discussion will only be in vain LOL :lol: :lol:
silverfox92
JV

Postby likeitRnot » Wed May 23, 2018 9:19 am

Dorman is no doubt Region #3 favorites.
With their Ground and Pound attack with Morgan and Hailstock and you now must be able to basically cover two 6′5 wr’s that are freakish one on one
:shock: :shock:

Waiting to see Rebel Bowl before I really give the Rebs my feedback. I know offense SHOULD be better and defense we graduated a lot, but I feel strongly that we will be ok with the guys we having taking those spots!
likeitRnot
All-American

Postby Carolinasports » Wed May 23, 2018 1:21 pm

[quote=“silverfox92”][quote=“WarPaint74”]Gaffney is my pick to win it all. Spartanburg County will be pretty much irrelevant on the road to the championship this year, especially district seven.

I can guarantee you Gaffney won’t be able to hang with DF this year. I will be surprised if this team lost. We are absolutely STACKED!! Not to mention we will be tested by the time we have to play for the title and it will be very hard to beat a Knotts team that is focused and locked in. Hopefully Gaffney makes it that far or this discussion will only be in vain LOL :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Collectively Knotts just has players that get the job done with depth. He’s been running the same formula for over 20 years. Not a lot of elite players or big time recruits on his squads that go on to college. Kids that buy in, with great coaching is what you’re going up against. He’s been going up against teams with better talent for years. It’s the coaching piece that separates him from the pack.
Carolinasports
Freshman

Postby silverfox92 » Wed May 23, 2018 5:57 pm

[quote=“Carolinasports”][quote=“silverfox92”][quote=“WarPaint74”]Gaffney is my pick to win it all. Spartanburg County will be pretty much irrelevant on the road to the championship this year, especially district seven.

I can guarantee you Gaffney won’t be able to hang with DF this year. I will be surprised if this team lost. We are absolutely STACKED!! Not to mention we will be tested by the time we have to play for the title and it will be very hard to beat a Knotts team that is focused and locked in. Hopefully Gaffney makes it that far or this discussion will only be in vain LOL :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Collectively Knotts just has players that get the job done with depth. He’s been running the same formula for over 20 years. Not a lot of elite players or big time recruits on his squads that go on to college. Kids that buy in, with great coaching is what you’re going up against. He’s been going up against teams with better talent for years. It’s the coaching piece that separates him from the pack.[/quote]

This is all true! But this year he has the talent. Depth at just about every position and return just about everything from a 13-1 squad that won the state title. No doubt Knotts is one of the best at what he does but when you give a guy like that talented players it just makes it impossible for everyone else.
silverfox92
JV

Postby mikey » Wed May 23, 2018 7:24 pm

[quote=“silverfox92”][quote=“Carolinasports”][quote=“silverfox92”][quote=“WarPaint74”]Gaffney is my pick to win it all. Spartanburg County will be pretty much irrelevant on the road to the championship this year, especially district seven.

Collectively Knotts just has players that get the job done with depth. He’s been running the same formula for over 20 years. Not a lot of elite players or big time recruits on his squads that go on to college. Kids that buy in, with great coaching is what you’re going up against. He’s been going up against teams with better talent for years. It’s the coaching piece that separates him from the pack.[/quote]

This is all true! But this year he has the talent. Depth at just about every position and return just about everything from a 13-1 squad that won the state title. No doubt Knotts is one of the best at what he does but when you give a guy like that talented players it just makes it impossible for everyone else.[/quote]

"Impossible" and "guarantee"....strong words...grasshopper I've heard em before...
" the only easy day, was yesterday "
mikey
All-American

Postby Carolinasports » Wed May 23, 2018 8:24 pm

Based on the State Championship starting line up. Returning 7 on offense and 4 on defense with Jamar Walker DT, Lance Fuhr LB, Josiah Commander LB, Hugh Ryan S, and throw in the new guy Akele Pauling with guys coming up from JV. That makes them a tough out. No telling how many new guys roll in before the 1st game. He has always had talent, but not loaded with elite players like a Bryce Thompson. Which is irrelevant when going up against Knotts, which is my point. He has been doing it with less since back in the 80′s when he was coaching at Harding. Than he left to Indy and went 63-1 before leaving to Duke for 1 year.
Carolinasports
Freshman

Postby silverfox92 » Wed May 23, 2018 10:01 pm

[quote=“mikey”][quote=“silverfox92”][quote=“Carolinasports”][quote=“silverfox92”][quote=“WarPaint74”]Gaffney is my pick to win it all. Spartanburg County will be pretty much irrelevant on the road to the championship this year, especially district seven.

This is all true! But this year he has the talent. Depth at just about every position and return just about everything from a 13-1 squad that won the state title. No doubt Knotts is one of the best at what he does but when you give a guy like that talented players it just makes it impossible for everyone else.[/quote]

“Impossible” and “guarantee”....strong words...grasshopper I’ve heard em before...[/quote]

Of course you have! I know it’s a long season and any thing can happen but I like our chances!
silverfox92
JV

Next

Return to Class 5A