Northwestern's Players' Lounge

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Northwestern's Players' Lounge

Postby Trojanlatex » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:16 pm

Trojanlatex
JV

Re: Northwestern's Players' Lounge

Postby Trojanlatex » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:14 pm

Good to see an attempt to make Trojan football relevant again. This serve to inspire, motivate and instill a sense of pride in these young men. Show these young men that they are part of a brotherhood with a tradition like no other. The legacy left behind remind them how far they can go. How many will dare to dream and say I’m going to be on that wall.
How much harder will these guys try, how much more dedication to the team will they have. I think you will have more students that really didn’t want to play football to think long and hard making a move.
To all the people to donate and make this a reality I say thanks.
Trojanlatex
JV

Postby 3-3 Stack » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:32 am

What I see is coddling. Wasting money that could be better spent on weights, books or food.
3-3 Stack
All-American

Postby PurpleandOrange » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:58 am

What I see is a coaching staff that is trying to think outside of the box. Trying to create some excitement. Trying to connect with todays kids. This same staff is still pushing workouts, still feeding the kids, still maintaining an awesome weight room, still welcoming back former players who share their success stories while the players work out. Its definitely not a "fix all" but if it gets just a few more kids involved it should be considered a success.
Beyond the fact that some in the community made this happen with their generous donations I can tell you that last year the Snap Raise fundraiser didn't meet its goal but this year it more than doubled its goal. It will take time to see any reward for all of this but its refreshing to see a lot of people starting to show an interest once again. People who want the school to be great and instill pride in the students.
PurpleandOrange
Freshman

Postby Trojanlatex » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:26 pm

[quote=“3-3 Stack”]What I see is coddling. Wasting money that could be better spent on weights, books or food.[/quote]
You don’t see so well, you might want to get your eyes checked. Here’s the change from your two cents, Haterade on sale at a store near you. :lol: :lol: :shock:
Trojanlatex
JV

Postby 3-3 Stack » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:32 am

Trojanlatex wrote:[quote=“3-3 Stack”]What I see is coddling. Wasting money that could be better spent on weights, books or food.

You don’t see so well, you might want to get your eyes checked. Here’s the change from your two cents, Haterade on sale at a store near you. :lol: :lol: :shock:
[/quote]
Let me be clear here. If a dime of public money was used for this "lounge" and I was a taxpayer in your city, I would be all over the school board about this waste of money. As 95% of those kids will never see a field after high school, the money would have been better spent on educational items. You "football" towns think it's ok to waste money on something that will not ultimately be effective in making a young man's life better. Education will. A lounge won't.
3-3 Stack
All-American

Postby Carolinasports » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:15 am

95%? I thought Northwestern has a long history of sending kids to school.
Carolinasports
Freshman

Postby Trojanlatex » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:05 pm

Somebody need a colon cleansing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:
Trojanlatex
JV

Postby SackThe_Back » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Kids will eventully forget what happened 130 years ago, or how to find the area of a polygon.

The lessons from football stick with you for life. This player area will help with that.
Never be diffrent unless diffrent is much, much better.
SackThe_Back
Freshman

Postby 3-3 Stack » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:42 am

[quote=“SackThe_Back”]Kids will eventully forget what happened 130 years ago, or how to find the area of a polygon.

The lessons from football stick with you for life. This player area will help with that.[/quote]
I agree with "football lessons" but those are discipline, teamwork, never quitting, sacrifice etc. The only thing that player's lounge teaches is "we"re special, look at us." If public funds paid for it, someone needs to be fired.
3-3 Stack
All-American

Next

Return to Class 5A