[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Palmetto Football Talk | View topic - Home school teams; good idea bad idea

Home school teams; good idea bad idea

This is the forum for those who don't want to talk trash, don't want to bash teams, etc. Just for people who want to have serious conversations about high school football.

Re: Home school teams; good idea bad idea

Postby beaudiddley » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:03 pm

beaudiddley
Heisman

Postby hoopitup » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:09 pm

Hard work beats talent.................When talent doesn't work hard
hoopitup
Varsity

Postby Noble » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:28 pm

Noble
Freshman

Postby bringthewood » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:15 pm

might want to do your homework on home schooling before you bash it.

same for private schools
bringthewood
All-American

Postby cavaliereagle » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:28 am

Home-schooling, when done correctly, has proven very effective. I feel like the kids should be allowed to play on teams at the school they would attend. Provided eligibility requirements are met that's required of all kids. The parents are still paying school taxes, plus the expense of self teaching.
MAKE PLAYS...NOT EXCUSES
cavaliereagle
Heisman

Postby sonia » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:49 pm

I wonder how many of you actually know anyone who home schools or sends their children to private school?

I'll say up front that I follow and support Laurens Academy and have several cousins who home school so I have some experience in this area. I'd like to address some of the points that have been made in this thread.

Racists? Yes, some of the private schools founded in the 60s and early 70s were origionally started to avoid segregation; but every year there are less "lilly white ' schools out there. At Laurens Academy we have black,latino, arabic, chinese and native american students, and most private schools reflect the same type of makeup.

Most parents who send their children to private school are anything but rich. They are overwhelmingly middle class, two income families. And in addition to paying tuition they help send your children to public school because they still have to pay taxes to support those public schools they don't use. So private schools and home schoolers take NO resourses from the public schools. The charter school movement is where you should have a problem; that's your money going to pay for the elites to have taxpayer funded private schools!

Since we can pick and choose which students we accept It's not fair to compare academic achievement between public and private. Both can do an excellent job of preparing our young people for the future.

Finally to sports. Laurens Academy Baseball plays 10-12 games a year against SCHSL teams, mostly 1A and 2A. We are competative there, but couldn't compete in any other sport. See we only have 45 boys in the high school. Only the biggest 3A private schools could compete against the smallest SCHSL schools with any kind of consistancy, so this shouldn't even be a matter for discussion.

My point is that parents choose public school, private school, or home schooling for myriad reasons. I respect each one of them because I believe that their primary reason for their descision is what's best for their child.
I agree with you 100% Westly

Hard work beats talent.......When talent doen't work hard
Hard work beats talent.................When talent doesn't work hard
sonia
Freshman

Postby cavaliereagle » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:17 am

ECHO
MAKE PLAYS...NOT EXCUSES
cavaliereagle
Heisman

Postby aslick1 » Mon May 16, 2011 8:24 pm

its a bad idea in a few ways because not only does it still give the kids who are home schooled a chance to still be a part of something like that but it also keeps segagation alive because the white kid doesnt see any black kids unless in the store as to where if they went to school to be on the HS team they would be around all ethnicity groups.if you went to letting these home schooled kids playing with the rest of the normal kids it would probably end up turning into a big racsim crisis. its a big no just allow the kids to go to public schools if they want to play HS sports and be done with it point blank.
NO PAIN NO GAIN
aslick1
Varsity

Postby AikenRooster » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:32 pm

"I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." John Galt
AikenRooster
Varsity

Postby AikenRooster » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:35 pm

"I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." John Galt
AikenRooster
Varsity

Previous

Return to No Trash, No Bash