Luvin' Football: From the Great Lakes to South Carolina

This is the forum for those who don't want to talk trash, don't want to bash teams, etc. Just for people who want to have serious conversations about high school football.

Luvin' Football: From the Great Lakes to South Carolina

Postby Wishigander » Tue May 26, 2015 12:56 am

Hello from Green Bay, Wisconsin. Appreciate you all letting me jump in on your website.

First, I wanted to say you all have a really good forum! I've never set foot in South Carolina and have enjoyed the threads so far.
Last edited by Wishigander on Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wishigander
Freshman

Re: Luvin' Football: From the Great Lakes to South Carolina

Postby cavaliereagle » Tue May 26, 2015 10:59 am

Good luck!
CENTRAL EAGLES MAKE PLAYS...NOT EXCUSES
cavaliereagle
Heisman

Postby Wishigander » Wed May 27, 2015 12:06 am

cavaliereagle wrote:Good luck!

Thanks I can use it!

I have some questions I'll just throw out through time. For starters can I ask ya's about your spring football? Is there a certain time frame through the spring/summer and certain limitations?
Last edited by Wishigander on Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wishigander
Freshman

Postby cavaliereagle » Wed May 27, 2015 7:39 am

These questions would be better asked on the 4a forum. There are alot of guys on that forum that know the rules much better than me.
cavaliereagle
Heisman

Postby Elegy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:03 pm

Anybody have a 2015 national TV schedule?
Elegy
Freshman

Postby Wishigander » Sun May 15, 2016 11:48 am

Elegy wrote:Anybody have a 2015 national TV schedule?

Will keep my eye open for the upcoming 2016 season. This must be for those nationally ranked high schools that they show on ESPNU?

Any teams down there interested in hosting or traveling to Canada? Canada just formed a Team that wants to compete with the best in the USA. I will cut and paste this article from the Mississauga News:

Mar 16, 2016

Clarkson welcoming prep football program for next school year
Mississauga News

A unique high school football program is coming to Mississauga for the next school year.

Clarkson Secondary School will be home to a “first of its kind” prep football program offered at a Canadian public school.

The program will be a collaboration between the Peel District School Board and Football North Canada and is geared towards elite-level players from across Canada. They will compete in games where they will receive more exposure in front of collegiate scouts from all over North America.

“Our goal is to attract top Canadian talent and keep them in Canada, and we found a great partner in the Peel board,” Larry Jusdanis, head coach and director of football operations with Football North Canada, said in a release.

Between 35 and 50 players are expected to participate in the program next year and will be enrolled as Clarkson students, expected to fulfill the academic requirements of their courses while adhering to the school’s code of conduct.

Interested players can apply by visiting footballnorth.ca.

Clarkson will field a separate football team, which will compete in the Region of Peel Secondary School Athletic Association, as the prep players will not be ROPSSAA eligible.

Clarkson has also fielded a prep basketball academy team that has played in showcase tournaments throughout North America since 2013.

“In Peel, we’re committed to ensuring that every student receives a high-quality education with many opportunities to achieve their personal goals,” stated Poleen Grewal, PDSB superintendent of curriculum and instruction support services.

“This is why we’re excited to partner with Football North Canada.”
Wishigander
Freshman

Postby Wishigander » Sun May 15, 2016 11:59 am

From poster upfootballfan on the up-football site. He does great work tracking the schedules for all the Michigan and Wisconsin teams...as well as their out of state opponents.

He tracks the schedules so the schools can see who has an open date. Maybe the AD's have the info already, idk (I'm sure they do), but it helps get the fans excited about the upcoming season. Here is that Canadian school's schedule so far:

Clarkson Football North Prep Academy

08-26 at Ottawa-Glandord (OH)
09-
09-09 at Pickerington (OH) Central
09-
09-23 at Detroit (MI) U of D Jesuit
09-
10-06 at Detroit (MI) Loyola
10-
10-21 at Cincinnati (OH) LaSalle
10-
11-
11-11 at Elkton (MD) Eastern Christian Academy
Wishigander
Freshman

Postby Wishigander » Sun May 15, 2016 12:03 pm

Both Michigan and Wisconsin have travel restrictions. I believe this school is near Hamilton- east of Detroit.

What is strange is in Wisconsin, High School baseball and softball teams get to travel down south to play in Tennessee and Florida. But football teams are restricted in travel.
Wishigander
Freshman

Postby Wishigander » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:50 pm

WR Jordy Nelson had his annual Packers Softball Game yesterday. This charity game between the offense and defense was originally started by Brett Farve. Then after Farve left Donald Driver took it over until he retired, now Nelson runs it.

Here is a video link on the game. Great relationship between the players and fans, all for a great cause:

http://fox11online.com/sports/packers-a ... tball-game
Wishigander
Freshman

Postby cavaliereagle » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:15 am

Wishigander wrote:WR Jordy Nelson had his annual Packers Softball Game yesterday. This charity game between the offense and defense was originally started by Brett Farve. Then after Farve left Donald Driver took it over until he retired, now Nelson runs it.

Here is a video link on the game. Great relationship between the players and fans, all for a great cause:

http://fox11online.com/sports/packers-a ... tball-game

Great idea for a fundraiser.
cavaliereagle
Heisman

Next

Return to No Trash, No Bash