Searching For 1970s Video

This is the forum for those who don't want to talk trash, don't want to bash teams, etc. Just for people who want to have serious conversations about high school football.

Searching For 1970s Video

Postby woodrufftech » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:34 pm

I am currently searching for video from Woodruff High School football opponents from the 1970s.

As some of you may know, most of the film and memorabilia from Woodruff sports was lost in a school fire in 1987. The 1965 football season has been recovered over the years and this new footage from Lower Richland just emerged recently on youtube from 1969. https://youtu.be/0qUfGVA-eMk If anyone know how to contact Phil Klugh, the man who posted this video, that info would be appreciated as well.

The game film from the 1970s is basically non existent as far as we know.

If anyone from any school out there may know of someone who has football game film footage involving 1970s Woodruff teams, please let me know. Any leads to any people who might even be able to refer me to someone at a school or former coaches or players would be much appreciated as well.

This search attempt has only been attempted one other time, but at that time we did not have access to the network of social media available today.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Several 1970s Woodruff Opponents:
Palmetto
BHP
Abbeville
Chapin
Barnwell
Hillcrest
Byrnes
Blue Ridge
Wren
Clinton
Westminster
Pendleton
Cowpens
Liberty
York
Pickens
woodrufftech
Freshman

Re: Searching For 1970s Video

Postby CITYSLICKER » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:05 pm

HEARD THE 65 STAGS GAME IN MONCKS CORNER WITH WOODRUFF FOR 2AA CHAMPIONSHIP WAS THREW AWAY, IT WAS ON FILM, THATS SO SAD.
591 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING-
54 YEARS
“Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art.” - Eleanor Roosevelt, diplomat

http://WWW.BERKELEYSTAGSFOOTBALL.COM
CITYSLICKER
Heisman

Return to No Trash, No Bash