No team South of I-20 playing in December.

This is the forum for those who don't want to talk trash, don't want to bash teams, etc. Just for people who want to have serious conversations about high school football.

No team South of I-20 playing in December.

Postby AikenRooster » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:40 pm

It is self evident that the upstate rules in South Carolina High School football. No team south of I-20 will play in Columbia next week, and Scotts Branch will be the only State Champion in any Class or Division south of I-20.
Why is this? Is it more kids want to play football, therefore the teams are better? Better coaches? Better facilities? Parents and faculty better committed? Bigger populations? Smarter kids? More dedicated kids?
I don't know the answer, but the question intrigues me greatly and I would love to hear some feedback on this!
"I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." John Galt
AikenRooster
Varsity

Re: No team South of I-20 playing in December.

Postby b2300 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:28 pm

i think that what makes the difference here in the upstate is that many programs are starting the high school program (playbooks, coaching style, conditioning etc) as early as jr high and an example is byrnes, the players are already accustomed to the program and what to expect before they get to high school, so they are ready and have a (program) this is how they stay on top and even thier rebuilding years are spectacular
b2300
Freshman

Postby zacharylane3 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:27 pm

Dillon is gana win bc Central dont have the defense to stop our recievers like one very special reciever Kwintin Smith. You can best believe that dillon will be throwing the ball alot and that is why they cant stop us.

DILLON 31 CENTRAL 14

The same score as dillon and timberland!!
zacharylane3
Freshman

Postby Woodruff Star » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:58 am

20-17 for 1000, Alec.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Woodruff Star
Heisman

Return to No Trash, No Bash