SP senior is Derek Ross' son. It's a complicated legacy

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

SP senior is Derek Ross' son. It's a complicated legacy

Postby bhmccorm » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:55 pm

Worked hard on this one. Check it out: https://www.heraldonline.com/sports/hig ... 78945.html
bhmccorm
Freshman

Re: SP senior is Derek Ross' son. It's a complicated legacy

Postby 5thqtr » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:44 pm

Good Job B-Mac!

With a 3.86 and the Ross name; if he can produce some good numbers I agree; I see his recruitment picking up! He has solid size and speed(not 4.3 but how many truly do). I wish him and The Stallions nothing but the best as well as the Ross family!

Thanks Brett!
ImageGreat To Be A Stallion! Blessed To Live In Rock Hill!
5thqtr
All-American

Re: SP senior is Derek Ross' son. It's a complicated legacy

Postby Penguin » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:41 pm

I was privileged to see Derek Ross play several times during his senior season at Northwestern. Having watched High School football in South Carolina for 6 decades now, I will say that he was the best athlete that I have ever seen play the QB position. I have seen most of the great ones from the 1960s through the present. I have seen better passers, better runners, but not better athletes. Watching him scramble when under duress, only to end up making a spectacular play was commonplace. I was really disappointed that he never "made" it in college or the pros. Sure he had his moments, but he was never quite able to put it all together and keep it all together. But he most definitely was a human highlight star on the football field. If his son can even come close, he will also have people talking about him for decades.
CAROLINA
7 Time National Champions
GO HEELS! DOOK SUXX!
Penguin
All-American

Return to Class 4A