Undefeated ^*Westwood @ South Pointe*^Poll

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Who wins this Match Up?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:59 am

Westwood Red Hawks
33%
South Pointe Stallions
67%

Total votes : 9

Undefeated ^*Westwood @ South Pointe*^Poll

Postby 5thqtr » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:59 am

Westwood who knocked South Aiken out the playoffs last year appears to be rolling along pretty nice. Averaging 39.75 ppg(40). Only giving up 14 ppg. The most impressive win to date being against a good Blythewood team 18-7. B.WD only loss on the season.
This game will go a long way in determining region champion! Lancaster, Ridgeview and The Stallions are all 1 loss teams. Westwood is the only undefeated team in our region.
The Stallions hopefully come out and play like they hair is on fire! Everybody's Super Bowl is still very much the case. When you have been "the bar" everyone has needed to reach you are going to get teams best efforts. I don't expect anything different next Friday. Be great if the Red Hawks came in and didn't prepare for us(Stallions) since it looks like we are struggling! LOL! Don't think so though.
The players who need to step up a few weeks ago can still step up! It's region time! These games count for more than bragging rights! These games determine if you make the playoffs. Where you are seeded and thus how many home games you have.
Key to the game to me> Stallions DLine playing well! WW OL playing well! I understand WW has a really good DL. Hopefully coach Mac and company can use the quick game to neutralize that. WW will need to try and get to Steele.
Don't turn the ball over and get turnovers! Duh, right?
ImageGreat To Be A Stallion! Blessed To Live In Rock Hill!
5thqtr
All-American

Re: Undefeated ^*Westwood @ South Pointe*^Poll

Postby region2 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:07 pm

I don't see Westwood winning this game. They have talent. Always one of the best looking teams in the state getting off the bus. But never play like it against decent competition. Undisciplined, which creates mistakes and stupid penalties. And burdened by a coaching staff that seem to be unable to make in game adjustments and find a way not to get the ball in the hands of their best playmakers at critical times.
region2
All-American

Postby Wildstallion2 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:25 pm

5thqtr, I like that, COME OUT AND PLAY LIKE THEIR HAIR IS ON FIRE, I agree, Westwood has a more of passing type Offense so South Pointes Corners, and our Vanderbilt commit Safety need to be on their A-Game this week, also we need Omega Blake back their doing his thing, INTERCEPTION TIME.
Wildstallion2
Varsity

Postby sportguy » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:20 am

Westwood didnt play South Aiken. Greer put south aiken out the playoffs last year
sportguy
Freshman

Postby 5thqtr » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:35 pm

[quote=“sportguy”]Westwood didnt play South Aiken. Greer put south aiken out the playoffs last year[/quote]
I stand corrected! I had the wrong team. They put an undefeated North Augusta out of the playoffs last year! I knew it was somebody really good!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby 5thqtr » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:41 pm

WS2 - traditionally SP teams responded well to being a somewhat underdog. Or playing a team that's supposed to challenge them.
My question is - does this group have that dog in them?

Past SP teams would see an undefeated WW coming to town and be straight jacked to want to go prove themselves. I don't know if this crowd has that dog in them. We can only hope the senior leaders stress a sense of urgency from this point on! Years past; I would never have to question "heart"!
This year, unfortunately, you don't always see that SP effort! Coach Herron needs to do one of those: "take off my uniform if you aren't going to play like the ones who came before you speech with these guys"!
Out sized - use to be so what?
Out numbered - use to be so what?
You use to "not out heart SP"!

Challenging them seniors to step up!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby region2 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:36 pm

[quote=“5thqtr”][quote=“sportguy”]Westwood didnt play South Aiken. Greer put south aiken out the playoffs last year[/quote]
I stand corrected! I had the wrong team. They put an undefeated North Augusta out of the playoffs last year! I knew it was somebody really good! [/quote]

And then managed to be completely outclassed by a middle of the road Eastside team in the next round. Somehow, the Westwood staff made no changes as Eastside just bled them to death running a shallow cross all night.
As for their win against North Augusta. That was a surprise. NA is another one of those teams that seems to have talent all over the place but never really puts it all together
region2
All-American

Postby NAmAN » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:33 pm

NA had a good team last year. Unfortunately they lost their number one running back in the last game of the regular season and we had to depend on a kid with very limited experience and was only about 140 pounds. He had a lot of heart though. Sad a school our size only had one back to depend on. The main reason we lost as I saw it was preparation. The kids weren't focused and were having to much fun at practice the week before a playoff game. They took a 5 and 5 team as an easy win and paid the price. Hopefully the players and coaches learn from it.
NAmAN
Freshman

Postby 5thqtr » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:47 pm

[quote=“NAmAN”]NA had a good team last year. Unfortunately they lost their number one running back in the last game of the regular season and we had to depend on a kid with very limited experience and was only about 140 pounds. He had a lot of heart though. Sad a school our size only had one back to depend on. The main reason we lost as I saw it was preparation. The kids weren’t focused and were having to much fun at practice the week before a playoff game. They took a 5 and 5 team as an easy win and paid the price. Hopefully the players and coaches learn from it.[/quote]

NAmAN - yeah, I just remember hearing the score thinking the announcers read it wrong! Makes sense now!
Like Region 2 said, "they(Westwood) are very impressive getting off the bus"! You wonder why they aren't a powerhouse every year!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby Penguin » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:08 am

Having seen Blythewood up close and personal, Westwood HAS to be good. South Pointe has underperformed so far this season compared to recent ones. Deep down I have a gut feeling that Westwood wins this one, but South Pointe gets it all together for another loooonnnggg playoff run. I am going with Westwood in this one. Should be a whale of a game.
CAROLINA
7 Time National Champions
GO HEELS! DOOK SUXX!
Penguin
All-American

Next

Return to Class 4A