Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 6stars, GHSfan4life, truefan1 and 31 guests

OT: Major NCAA Upsets

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

OT: Major NCAA Upsets

Postby bubbabass » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:53 am

Baylor 52 - #1 Kansas State 24
#13 Stanford 17 - #2 Oregon 14 (OT)

Notre Dame's schedule does not warrant them rated #1 in my humble opinion. We're back to Bama and LSU as the two top teams in the country. I hope that FSU can get there with a good win over the Gators next week, but likely won't happen. Their schedule will likely keep them in the bottom half of the top 10.

Take a look at the stats from the Gamecocks/Wofford game - less than impressive in a chickens 24 to 7 win. I think they come out of the top 10.

If the Tiggers had a defense they would be dangerous: Tiggers 62 - NCST 48. The offensive stats in this game are way over the top. The stats for both teams in the 1st half look like the commbination of two ball games. Tiggers did not score in 4th quarter.
GHS '64
Clemson '68
Colonel, USAF (Retired) '99
bubbabass
JV

Re: OT: Major NCAA Upsets

Postby EHSMeanGreen » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:26 am

bubbabass wrote:Notre Dame's schedule does not warrant them rated #1 in my humble opinion.
I am no Notre Dame fan, but their schedule has been as tough as what Bama has played.
EHSMeanGreen
JV

Postby Seahawk3 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:34 am

If ND can handle their business with USC then they deserve a shot. Granted I am biased due to pulling for Everett but all they could do is schedule what they believed to be tough games and win them and they have done that for certain. I sure don't see any Western Carolina's or Wofford on their schedule. :?
Seahawk3
JV

Postby Chief Shooting Bull » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:45 am

My Dawgs over Bama in the SECG and play Notre Dame just like in 1980. Go Dawgs!
The Gaffney Indians...17 time South Carolina State Champions!
Chief Shooting Bull
All-American

Postby EHSMeanGreen » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:51 am

The BC"ESPN" system sucks. Just a bunch of propaganda. :oops:
We need a playoff and only 4 teams won't cut it. :(

So many different styles of play across the country that fans would like to see matched up.

I hate having to make the schedule arguments but that is what this system reduces us to doing. :roll:

When was the last time that you heard a schedule argument before the NFL Super Bowl?

Heck, even at the HS level, Bluffton's schedule really didn't matter because they were going have to do it in the playoffs. The schedule arguments didn't matter because we were going to get to see.
EHSMeanGreen
JV

Postby Seahawk3 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:51 am

I don't know that I want to see Jarvis Jones after Everett all night Chief! That will bring back bad memories of 2010 with Clowney!
Seahawk3
JV

Postby EHSMeanGreen » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:57 am

Chief Shooting Bull wrote:My Dawgs over Bama in the SECG and play Notre Dame just like in 1980. Go Dawgs!

You've got to be kidding! Pull hard since you are Dawg fan.
I get it.
But seriously, a team that got dumped by nearly 30. :roll:

"IF" Clemson can beat SCar this week. :?:
"IF" FSU beats Florida. :?:
What makes Georgia's resume any better than Clemson's or FSU's? :?:
This system SUCKS! :idea:
EHSMeanGreen
JV

Postby Chief Shooting Bull » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:07 am

Don't hate the player EHS...hate the game. Please never compare anything related to the ACC to the SEC especially strength of schedule. The BCS has UGA up there...rant to them.
The Gaffney Indians...17 time South Carolina State Champions!
Chief Shooting Bull
All-American

Postby GrimmReaper » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:18 am

EHSMeanGreen wrote:
bubbabass wrote:Notre Dame's schedule does not warrant them rated #1 in my humble opinion.
I am no Notre Dame fan, but their schedule has been as tough as what Bama has played.

MeanGreen, I agree with you, they have played some very tough games!
Any Friday night, anything can and will happen! GO BOBCAT'S!
GrimmReaper
Varsity

Postby bubbabass » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:48 pm

EHSMeanGreen wrote:
Chief Shooting Bull wrote:My Dawgs over Bama in the SECG and play Notre Dame just like in 1980. Go Dawgs!

You've got to be kidding! Pull hard since you are Dawg fan.
I get it.
But seriously, a team that got dumped by nearly 30. :roll:

"IF" Clemson can beat SCar this week. :?:
"IF" FSU beats Florida. :?:
What makes Georgia's resume any better than Clemson's or FSU's? :?:
This system SUCKS! :idea:

I agree. The BCS computer rankings already had Notre Dame #1 without Oregon and KState loses. But, if you are going to have a playoff system you are going to have to have some way of deciding which teams will play in the playoffs and how the playoff brackets are seeded. We have that problem now right here at home and we all complain about it.

Clemson's bowl prospects will be determined this weekend when they clobber the Chickens. FSU will play in the ACC championship game, win it, and go on to the BCS Bowl.

When the BCS comes out this evening, I think Notre Dame 1, and Bama #2. Won't change for Bama this week because they will whop up on Auburn. Winner of SEC championship game between the Tide and the Dawgs goes to Nat'l championpship game against ND. My bet is USC falls out of the top 25 given their loss to UCLA this weekend. ND should have no problems with USC.
GHS '64
Clemson '68
Colonel, USAF (Retired) '99
bubbabass
JV

Next

Return to Class 4A