If Gaffney...

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

If Gaffney...

Postby Chief Shooting Bull » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:03 am

Run the 2 back set this Fridays game is over midway thru the 3rd. Shaq, Hyleck and JoJo in the same backfield is as good a rushing threat as there is in the state. Stratford had 11 in the box and couldn't stop it the few times we used it. Came out in the second half and drove straight down the field and scored. Jojo is wayyyyy underated and has to be used more.
The Gaffney Indians...17 time South Carolina State Champions!
Chief Shooting Bull
All-American

Re: If Gaffney...

Postby charger00 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:38 am

Yeah gaffney had some success in the 2 back set. Also give credit to stratford against the heavy formation from the indians where as i havent seen a team stop that all year.
Ted Walker
charger00
JV

Postby 1CANNON » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:01 pm

We played a 3 man front ,Miller,Hughes,& Byars. & we got pressure 95% of the game.
YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!
1CANNON
All-American

Postby Fridaynightfan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:48 pm

Chief Shooting Bull wrote:Run the 2 back set this Fridays game is over midway thru the 3rd. Shaq, Hyleck and JoJo in the same backfield is as good a rushing threat as there is in the state. Stratford had 11 in the box and couldn't stop it the few times we used it. Came out in the second half and drove straight down the field and scored. Jojo is wayyyyy underated and has to be used more.

You may be right my friend. After we lost DL Young in the first game, we really struggled to stop the run. And, since the first game, Gaffney has improved a lot on offense while Byrnes has had a few key injuries that will not help. Also, recent shutdowns by our D against the worst Spartanburg team I have ever seen and a QB-less Spring Valley team don't

My gameplan for Byrnes would be to handoff to #8, throw to #8, snap the ball to #8, have him return kicks, points, and even lead the band at halftime. Booker did not get many touches in the first game, this time we have to turn him loose.

We will need a flawless game on offense, get a few turnovers, and not give up any big kick/ punt returns if we are to win.

A rainy cold night on Friday would not help the Rebels, either.
Fridaynightfan
Varsity

Postby IndianOutlaw01 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:23 pm

If our D plays like I think they will Bentley be running for his life. If we can throw some short passes on first down our O will run wild!
THE MOST WINNING FOOTBALL PROGRAM IN S.C.
IndianOutlaw01
Freshman

Postby seminoleindian » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:21 pm

AND TIES THE OC UP IN THE LOCKER ROOM AND NOT LET HIM LOSE UNTIL THE GAME IS OVER
seminoleindian
Varsity

Return to Class 4A