Riverside

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Riverside

Postby bigtackle » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:27 am

Gville county here is your first chance to put football in the spotlight...make a good hire and pay some one, so this part of the upstate will quit looking like a powder puff...Football is the leading money maker in all HS sports, treat it that way .
bigtackle
JV

Re: Riverside

Postby Patriot Stevo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:51 am

Greenville County has a set pay scale for coaches. They are not going to come off the hip with more money for anybody. Don't expect a big splash hire here.
Patriot Stevo
Freshman

Postby eagleempire » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:51 am

One would think this would be an in county hire as last year’s hires were I believe that those were much better than previous years where they brought in really unproven assistants from other counties who are disappointments. The coaches seem shocked at how it is run in Greenville Co. even though I’m sure any AD or principal worth there slat let them know they have to teach a full load and assistants will be limited before they get there, but who could blame them. As said above with the set pay scale in Greenville Co. you really have to question the caliber of coach who will take a pay cut from there assistant job to take over a head job at a struggling program. I hate to say it but it is usually is a guy who knows that his chances in his only Co. are slim to none, like a guy demoted twice at his own school. Well I have ranted enough but unfortunately until the way things are run change you are not going to attract a big name from somewhere else your best bet is with someone who has been in the Co. knows how it works and has proven to be a hard worker and good coach with those Greenville Co. handcuffs.
eagleempire
Freshman

Postby bigtackle » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:48 am

once again the definition of stupidity applies here...common sense says you invest in the sport that pays the most..oh I forgot this is Greenville co. we are talking about....thay need to read this board they might learn something...retreads are not going to work.. look at the sucess in the programs in columbia with DF SValley to mention just two..there are others
bigtackle
JV

Postby Purple*03*Reign » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:33 pm

bump
89,93,10 State Champions...Tradition Never Graduates
We are NORTHWESTERN!
Love Purple, Live Gold
Purple*03*Reign
All-American

Postby Dickdickerson222 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:07 pm

So anyone got any idea about which direction Riverside will go?
Dickdickerson222
Freshman

Return to Class 4A