Who is online

Users browsing this forum: New Rebel 2007 and 23 guests

Dutch Fork

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Dutch Fork

Postby IndianOutlaw01 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:51 pm

Was better than they looked! If they would came out and ran the ball, well it may been a different game. run,run,run,run is what they should have done. Hadn't seen a team run as good as they did all year!
IndianOutlaw01
Freshman

Re: Dutch Fork

Postby BYRNES#1 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:44 pm

Hey havent you heard??? You defense was letting them run like that on purpose, at any time they could have shut that run down. ;)
I dont give em hell, I just tell them the truth & they think its hell.

BYRNES#1 Fan Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Byrnes1/2 ... ef=tn_tnmn
BYRNES#1
Heisman

Postby wavefan70s » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:19 am

I'm sure them linemen said yeah go ahead get ten yards brother :shock:
GO DUKE
wavefan70s
All-American

Postby 3-3 Stack » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:46 am

That's what has been driving me crazy. Knotts or his OC really failed that night. I am NOT saying they would have beat Gaffney, but they never gave themselves the chance. Every time they committed to the run, they scored quickly and easily.
3-3 Stack
All-American

Postby 1CANNON » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:24 am

BYRNES#1 wrote:Hey havent you heard??? You defense was letting them run like that on purpose, at any time they could have shut that run down. ;)

3-3 Stack wrote:That's what has been driving me crazy. Knotts or his OC really failed that night. I am NOT saying they would have beat Gaffney, but they never gave themselves the chance. Every time they committed to the run, they scored quickly and easily.

WE STOPPED THEM 5 TIMES AFTER THEY CROSSED THE 50 YARD LINE IN THE SECOND HALF ;)
YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!
1CANNON
All-American

Postby 3-3 Stack » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:09 am

1CANNON wrote:
BYRNES#1 wrote:Hey havent you heard??? You defense was letting them run like that on purpose, at any time they could have shut that run down. ;)

3-3 Stack wrote:That's what has been driving me crazy. Knotts or his OC really failed that night. I am NOT saying they would have beat Gaffney, but they never gave themselves the chance. Every time they committed to the run, they scored quickly and easily.

WE STOPPED THEM 5 TIMES AFTER THEY CROSSED THE 50 YARD LINE IN THE SECOND HALF ;)

That is an inconsequential number Cannon. Teams stop their opponents all the time. The point is DF averaged 5 yards per carry and only 6 per reception. You, I and everyone on here knows that if a football team averages 5 yards per carry, and commit to the run, with opportunistic passing, thay can control a ball game. Look at ya'll's passing stats. DF committed to stopping your RB and QB running and ya'll burned them a couple of times for long TD's. That is all that I am saying. When you have horses like they do on the offensive line, you pound the rock. You don't throw 4 interceptions and give your opponent 17 free points.
3-3 Stack
All-American

Postby 1CANNON » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:46 am

Davidson finished 7 of 10 for 153 yards with two touchdowns and added 11 carries for 105 yards with two more scores.

THATS 9.5 YDS A CARRY ;)

COACH JONES SAID THEY CALLED THE DEFENSIVE DOGS OFF IN THE 2ND HALF TOO.

CLOCK MANAGEMENT
YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!
1CANNON
All-American

Postby BYRNES#1 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:15 am

See I told yall, they did it on purpose man. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I dont give em hell, I just tell them the truth & they think its hell.

BYRNES#1 Fan Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Byrnes1/2 ... ef=tn_tnmn
BYRNES#1
Heisman

Postby Chief Shooting Bull » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:29 am

I agree had they come out running the ball it woulda been a nailbiter. But they came out throwing and dug a 17 point hole. Only way to stop it was to pull the linebackers up and commit to stopping the run. We never did that because most of their drives we taking over 6 minutes and we were matching them score for score.Time was not on their side. The last drive they scored on I agree the dogs had been called off...the game was over.

In Knotts defense our secondary was at times susceptible to the short passing game and I'm sure he saw this. We were ALSO strong against the run most of the year but we never faced a 2 tightend set either. Those pulling boys were HUGE.
The Gaffney Indians...17 time South Carolina State Champions!
Chief Shooting Bull
All-American

Postby footballfan84 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:31 am

BYRNES#1 wrote:See I told yall, they did it on purpose man. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You see man, it's comments like all those that have been posted about "calling the dogs off" and the "17" *** championships*** and basically how "we let Dutch Fork run on us" is why I rarely ever pull for Gaffney anymore. Maybe when they might play an out of state team or the Taliban but that's about it.
You'd think that as "great and mighty" as the indians have been since the creation of time that they would learn how to win with a little dignity or class.

It's no wonder that my wife hesitates to tell people that she graduated from Gaffney and why most of the "crazies" in my family are from Gaffney. ;)
Talent alone won't make you a success. Neither will being at the right place at the right time, unless you're ready. The most important question is "are you ready"?
footballfan84
All-American

Next

Return to Class 4A