Who is online

Users browsing this forum: flying eagle, Google [Bot], RHBearcat and 20 guests

Charleston Southern U. & Chuck Reedy...maybe?

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Charleston Southern U. & Chuck Reedy...maybe?

Postby Chewbaca » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:37 pm

Jay Mills HC at Charleston Southern is retiring today. Wonder if Chuck Reedy from the Creek would take the 10 min drive down to CSU and apply to be head coach. He all sbut said he was done with HS after the whole SCHSL playoff nightmare. He wouldn't have to move far and he knows all the local coaches and players plus tons of College coaching experince. I would think it would be a slam dunk...we will wait and see.
Chewbaca
Freshman

Re: Charleston Southern U. & Chuck Reedy...maybe?

Postby GATORFAN#001 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:18 pm

Ihope t dont happen, but , if it did Charleston Southern will gain a damn good coach..I sure hope he stays for this up coming season and shows no mercy during the season...Just to send a message to them Slugs in Columbia. :twisted:
38 game win streak and 60-7 since 2009 not to shabby.
GATORFAN#001
All-American

Postby DeCavelier » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:16 pm

GATORFAN#001 wrote:Ihope t dont happen, but , if it did Charleston Southern will gain a damn good coach..I sure hope he stays for this up coming season and shows no mercy during the season...Just to send a message to them Slugs in Columbia. :twisted:

Amen.
DeCavelier
All-American

Postby lowcountrysportsfan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:02 pm

Doubt he will take position unless he just wants out of High School. #1 CSU doesn't carry many football scholarships They are well below the max allowed for I-AA. I think they may give 20 or so full rides. #2 the strict rules at the school, I doubt he wants to deal with this as it isn't a normal college job, but like I said unless he wants to get out of High School. #3 pay (But I am sure he has put his money up from other big jobs) CSU won't pay what he is looking for, but again if he is looking to get out and just finish his career at a small college he may but I very seriously doubt he leaves GC for CSU
lowcountrysportsfan
JV

Postby CITYSLICKER » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:44 pm

HEARD REEDY WAS GOING TO BE A LIFE GUARD AT FOLLY BEACH???
562 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING- 50 YEARS

http://WWW.BERKELEYSTAGSFOOTBALL.COM
CITYSLICKER
Heisman

Postby JISurfer » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:25 am

Actually, CSU just completed it's 3rd season being fully funded. So the scholarships are definitely there.
JISurfer
Freshman

Postby mikey » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:57 am

If he want's out. Tell him to apply for the OC postion with Limestone's new program. I think his offensive philosphy would work well at a start up. GO SAINTS.
mikey
All-American

Postby lowcountrysportsfan » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:05 pm

JIsurfer I guess coach Small the Athletic Director doesn't know what he is talking about when he says the next coach will need to be able to deal with limited recruiting budget and scholarships than does he. Meaning not fully funded due to the ponzi scheme a few years ago CSU is still trying to recover.
lowcountrysportsfan
JV

Postby rocketman » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:31 pm

Reedy said in the Chas paper that he will not actively pursue the HC job at CSU, but will listen if approached. " I am happy at Goose Creek and do not want to leave".

Personally I think it's a step down for him. Facilities at GC are way better. I don't think CSU has lights yet at their stadium. GC draws 6-10k every home game, CSU is lucky to draw 2k per home game.

I really don't see him leaving GC.
rocketman
JV

Postby 2Notch » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:27 am

Chuck Reedy, Fred Goldsmith, Jerry Moore are three of the candidates who have expressed intererest. 2 NFL assistants have expressed interest, too. Charleston Southern should reach out to David Bennett....he has a fire in his belly.
2Notch
Freshman

Next

Return to Class 4A