Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chargerbacker, dodgem37, RamGURU and 22 guests

Cotton Bowl - How about my Aggies?

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Cotton Bowl - How about my Aggies?

Postby AggieDad » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:25 am

With apologies to Randy G, what an incredible game ... Manziel has to be one the most fun players to watch in a long time.
Rules to Live By:
1. Don't Sweat the Small Stuff
2. Convince Yourself Everything is Small Stuff!Image
AggieDad
JV

Re: Cotton Bowl - How about my Aggies?

Postby Woodruff Star » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:15 am

AggieDad wrote:With apologies to Randy G, what an incredible game ... Manziel has to be one the most fun players to watch in a long time.

That kid is something else!

It's always fun to watch Stoops get beat.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Woodruff Star
Heisman

Postby BearcatinOk/COWN » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:57 am

HAIL TO JOHNNY FOOTBALL.....LOL...The first TD he scored was right in front of of where he tiptoed and walked the line ,,,,,AWESOME......I hated the result....but you're absolutely correct....It was fun watching him.....despite the butt whooping....I had a blast with Lil Miss Soonergirl.....other than the score......best event I've been to in many years.....we were in line before the gates opened...turned around and Coach Switzer was right behind me....lol'''''wish I had gotten a picture with him and Divyon but it was just fun talking to him....that HUGE championship ring he was wearing was unreal
BearcatinOk/COWN
All-American

Postby Yankee/Rebel » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:12 pm

All I have to say is WOW! Manziel has some unbelievable speed. T A&M has a lot of speed and athleticism. They truly will make a mark in the SEC. Congrats AggieDad. :D
Yankee/Rebel
All-American

Postby AggieDad » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:13 pm

The thing that really stands out to me, is that most of us that follow the Aggies (if they are honest) never saw this year coming. Most figured A&M would do no better than 5th or 6th in the SEC West. The one sure thing we knew was the O line would be very good but adapting to a completely new system and scheme might likely diminish that advantage. No one had any idea how good Manziel might be. The job Sumlin has done might be one of the best single year transitions ever. They won't have the entire Offense in until this coming year. You have to remember, Sumlin is playing with almost all of Mike Sherman's recruits. Granted, most of todays players love playing that offense but not everyone is best suited for it. One never knows for sure what the future holds, but returning all but 7 or 8 from the first 22 (& losing only 2 more from the 2-deep depth chart) AND having what shapes up to be one of the top recruiting classes in the country certainly bodes well for the immediate future.
Rules to Live By:
1. Don't Sweat the Small Stuff
2. Convince Yourself Everything is Small Stuff!Image
AggieDad
JV

Postby YellowHammer71 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:09 pm

I know what you're saying Aggie. I expected them to play at a Miss. State level, but yall certainly had a perfect storm this year with Johnny playing behind that O line.

It will be interesting to see if he can play at the same level in the coming years. If so, they might see a BCS championship.

I'm just like Randy. As painful as it was watching the Bama-A&M game for me, I had to suffer through the replay of it just to watch the show that Johnny put on.
YellowHammer71
Freshman

Postby mikey » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:10 pm

That performance in one game reminded of Kentrell's against Northwestern in the State title game years ago. Unreal... :o
mikey
All-American

Postby 58rebel43 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:12 pm

I had not seen Johnny 'Football' play before. That was an awesome performance that I throughly enjoyed. They (A&M) looked like national champ quality that night. JMHO.
58rebel43
Freshman

Return to Class 4A