Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fridaynightfan, GATORFAN#001, Google Adsense [Bot] and 14 guests

OT...I gotta vent somewhere!!

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

OT...I gotta vent somewhere!!

Postby 1st&Goal » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:29 pm

This is how screwed up the disability system is!! They finally, after 2 years approved my wifes disability. Then say they feel she will recover even more by June and be evaluated again. I know people are evaluated every three years after approval( or are suppose to be anyway). But good GRIEF!!! The woman's back was broken in 2 places, she still has double vision and hearing loss, and had brain sergury this past August. Doctor after doctor says she can not work and will not be able to work. But an over weight slug can be on disability forever because there ankles hurt and their feelings get hurt easily. GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! This system needs an overhaul!! :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
If YOU cant walk it.....You prolly shouldnt TALK it!!!
1st&Goal
All-American

Re: OT...I gotta vent somewhere!!

Postby Chief Shooting Bull » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:13 pm

If your wife is like mine 1st the hearing loss may be selective. As in she don't pay attention to a dang thing I say. Hope things work out for her and you....even though you are gay. :lol:
The Gaffney Indians...17 time South Carolina State Champions!
Chief Shooting Bull
All-American

Postby RebelDadJacketGrad » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:31 pm

1st&Goal wrote:This is how screwed up the disability system is!! They finally, after 2 years approved my wifes disability. Then say they feel she will recover even more by June and be evaluated again. I know people are evaluated every three years after approval( or are suppose to be anyway). But good GRIEF!!! The woman's back was broken in 2 places, she still has double vision and hearing loss, and had brain sergury this past August. Doctor after doctor says she can not work and will not be able to work. But an over weight slug can be on disability forever because there ankles hurt and their feelings get hurt easily. GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! This system needs an overhaul!! :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Worse than that are the drunks who are on it for HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. I know one that when I told him if he would quit drinking his blood pressure would be better he said "Liquor don't affect my blood pressure." Then five minutes later he took a big swig and said "That makes you feel warm all over!" I said "Thats because your blood pressure just went up! DA!!" :D
Mike Srock for PRESIDENT!!
RebelDadJacketGrad
Varsity

Postby mikey » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:07 pm

RebelDadJacketGrad wrote:
1st&Goal wrote:This is how screwed up the disability system is!! They finally, after 2 years approved my wifes disability. Then say they feel she will recover even more by June and be evaluated again. I know people are evaluated every three years after approval( or are suppose to be anyway). But good GRIEF!!! The woman's back was broken in 2 places, she still has double vision and hearing loss, and had brain sergury this past August. Doctor after doctor says she can not work and will not be able to work. But an over weight slug can be on disability forever because there ankles hurt and their feelings get hurt easily. GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! This system needs an overhaul!! :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Worse than that are the drunks who are on it for HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. I know one that when I told him if he would quit drinking his blood pressure would be better he said "Liquor don't affect my blood pressure." Then five minutes later he took a big swig and said "That makes you feel warm all over!" I said "Thats because your blood pressure just went up! DA!!" :D

Really..............interesting........U think Mikey could.........nah............
mikey
All-American

Postby SF Band dad » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:19 pm

1st&Goal wrote:This is how screwed up the disability system is!! .... This system needs an overhaul!! :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

:evil: Yup. I have a step-sister up in NC a few years older than me, has barely worked a day in her life. Partied heavily, had a few kids with random soldiers and migrant workers and lived on our dime her whole life. Now her kidneys are ruined, she still lives on us, and she gets dialysis twice a week, free rides to and from the clinic...doesn't pay dime for it. :evil:
SF Band dad
All-American

Postby dumpyt » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:21 pm

And who said partying, skipping school, getting wasted, selling crack and having lots of babies doesn't pay. It's going to school at night and working you tail off to make a better life for your family that doesn't pay. The more you make the bigger bite out of your check they take....to give to those that have not. I don't mind giving to old, mentally or physically handicapped but everyone else can get their tail out of bed and go to work like the rest of us. And they need to take a whiz quiz before they get any money....at all.
KILLER CUPCAKE
dumpyt
Varsity

Postby mikey » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:37 pm

dumpyt wrote:And who said partying, skipping school, getting wasted, selling crack and having lots of babies doesn't pay. It's going to school at night and working you tail off to make a better life for your family that doesn't pay. The more you make the bigger bite out of your check they take....to give to those that have not. I don't mind giving to old, mentally or physically handicapped but everyone else can get their tail out of bed and go to work like the rest of us. And they need to take a whiz quiz before they get any money....at all.

Whiz quiz is too easy. They need to get a haircut. I'm with ya on this un bro......U wanna work and do it. Fine, thats up to u. Just don't ask me to pay for it or buy your munchies.
Last edited by mikey on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikey
All-American

Postby #1 Granny » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:46 am

You have a right to vent!!

Why is it the ones that deserve help seen to have to go through he.., and the ones that are just looking for an easy ride, seem to have no problem.

Hang in there and just support your sweet wife. Know you have a support network any time you need it.
#1 Granny
JV

Postby SF Band dad » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:22 pm

It could be worse... and it will be if we don't act and roll it back. We don't have to guess what will happen if we continue down the path we're on.

£1,000 = $1,600

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... efits.html

Nationalized health care, gun restrictions, unrestrained immigration, the expansion of social benefits....how's that all working out for the Brits?
SF Band dad
All-American

Postby RebelDadJacketGrad » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:16 pm

dumpyt wrote:And who said partying, skipping school, getting wasted, selling crack and having lots of babies doesn't pay. It's going to school at night and working you tail off to make a better life for your family that doesn't pay. The more you make the bigger bite out of your check they take....to give to those that have not. I don't mind giving to old, mentally or physically handicapped but everyone else can get their tail out of bed and go to work like the rest of us. And they need to take a whiz quiz before they get any money....at all.

So-- You good Slick!!! :lol: :lol:
Mike Srock for PRESIDENT!!
RebelDadJacketGrad
Varsity

Next

Return to Class 4A