Something good to see & hear

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Something good to see & hear

Postby BYRNES#1 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:54 pm

On Saturday I would often walk the sideline of the team playing either Byrnes A or Byrnes B teams, I did this to hear what the coaches & players of those teams were saying about Byrnes.
Well Im not going to lie, I heard a bunch of very stupid comments from coaches, players, & some fans of those teams. Things such as....

Cant beat the home team!! (referring to the refs helping Byrnes) :roll:
Lets get these guys in a real game!!! Anybody can stand back there for 4 secs & find somebody when no one is in their face!!! (Really?? Then why cant your QB?)
& plenty more that was worse than that.

BUT I heard something that put a smile on my face & restored hope in my feelings about kids today.

Byrnes A team was playing South Durham & beating them pretty bad, well the coaches were blaming the refs, the kids were saying our D was holding or our WR's were pushing off. Tempers flaired a couple times & players had to be seperated, coaches agained blamed the refs.

I was near a group of S.Durham players & they were going off with some pretty harsh words that would make a sailor blush. I hear a few of them say "I aint shakin dem N words hand after tha damn game" They were all in agreement but ONE!!
One stood up & said... "Im going to shake their hand, they are a great team" he went on to say "I respect them & the work they do on the field, them dudes are good, real good. I aint mad at em for that, we just need to work harder & be better ourselves".
A couple of the other guys said "Yeah you right & said they was just playing anyway" they all laughed it off & when the game was over every S. Durham player shook hands with the Rebels.

My biggest regret is I didnt go tell that young man how great he was for his words, he was #71 for South Durham. I hope they know how lucky they are to have a young man on their team with that type of character.
Who ever is raising this young man is doing a great job. :D
I dont give em hell, I just tell them the truth & they think its hell.

BYRNES#1 Fan Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Byrnes1/2 ... ef=tn_tnmn
BYRNES#1
Heisman

Re: Something good to see & hear

Postby Yankee/Rebel » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:35 pm

Byrnes#1 You need to sends this in a email to the staff at South Durham. They would appreciate the character of this young man. We need more character like this.......Not like some of the post I read on this board. :shock: :shock: :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yankee/Rebel
All-American

Postby CITYSLICKER » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:38 pm

PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH DUCKIES
569 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING- 50 YEARS
"Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art." - Eleanor Roosevelt, diplomat

http://WWW.BERKELEYSTAGSFOOTBALL.COM
CITYSLICKER
Heisman

Postby Yankee/Rebel » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:40 pm

CITYSLICKER wrote:PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH DUCKIES
SEE!!! :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yankee/Rebel
All-American

Postby Jhawk » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:11 pm

Yankee/Rebel wrote:Byrnes#1 You need to sends this in a email to the staff at South Durham. They would appreciate the character of this young man. We need more character like this.......Not like some of the post I read on this board. :shock: :shock: :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was thinking the same thing. Coaches only get the phone calls and emails about the bad things their kids do. Its nice to hear from someone outside the program about something good. I would email exactly what you wrote to their principal and comment about the outstanding young man.
Jhawk
Varsity

Postby Rbmn9529 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:08 am

BYRNES#1 wrote:On Saturday I would often walk the sideline of the team playing either Byrnes A or Byrnes B teams, I did this to hear what the coaches & players of those teams were saying about Byrnes.
Well Im not going to lie, I heard a bunch of very stupid comments from coaches, players, & some fans of those teams. Things such as....

Lets get these guys in a real game!!! Anybody can stand back there for 4 secs & find somebody when no one is in their face!!! (Really?? Then why cant your QB?)

BUT I heard something that put a smile on my face & restored hope in my feelings about kids today.

Byrnes A team was playing South Durham & beating them pretty bad, well the coaches were blaming the refs, the kids were saying our D was holding or our WR's were pushing off. Tempers flaired a couple times & players had to be seperated, coaches agained blamed the refs.

I was near a group of S.Durham players & they were going off with some pretty harsh words that would make a sailor blush. I hear a few of them say "I aint shakin dem N words hand after tha damn game" They were all in agreement but ONE!!
One stood up & said... "Im going to shake their hand, they are a great team" he went on to say "I respect them & the work they do on the field, them dudes are good, real good. I aint mad at em for that, we just need to work harder & be better ourselves".
A couple of the other guys said "Yeah you right & said they was just playing anyway" they all laughed it off & when the game was over every S. Durham player shook hands with the Rebels.

My biggest regret is I didnt go tell that young man how great he was for his words, he was #71 for South Durham. I hope they know how lucky they are to have a young man on their team with that type of character.

So...What kept such an opinionated, loud fellow from saying...SOMETHING? What were you afraid of? You missed a moment...
Big hitter, the Lama...

-Carl Spackler
Rbmn9529
Varsity

Postby BYRNES#1 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:13 am

Rbmn9529 wrote:
BYRNES#1 wrote:On Saturday I would often walk the sideline of the team playing either Byrnes A or Byrnes B teams, I did this to hear what the coaches & players of those teams were saying about Byrnes.

So...What kept such an opinionated, loud fellow from saying...SOMETHING? What were you afraid of? You missed a moment...

I ask myself that same question man, at the time I don't think it really hit me until I had time to reflect on all the action that happened that day.
That's the one thing that kept coming back to mind so I thought I would post it here, I regret not saying anything.
I dont give em hell, I just tell them the truth & they think its hell.

BYRNES#1 Fan Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Byrnes1/2 ... ef=tn_tnmn
BYRNES#1
Heisman

Postby WarPaint74 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:57 am

BYRNES#1 wrote:I stood up & said... "Im going to shake their hand, they are a great team" I went on to say "I respect them & the work they do on the field, them dudes are good, real good. I aint mad at em for that, Y'all just need to work harder & be better yourselves".

Dude, that is pretty low of you to dress in the other teams uniform and sneak onto their sideline. I'm surprised your webbed feet didn't give you away. 8-)
WarPaint74
All-American

Return to Class 4A