Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 24 guests

Really a HUGE misunderstanding about the Byrnes 7 on 7

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Really a HUGE misunderstanding about the Byrnes 7 on 7

Postby gamecocksfootball62 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:55 pm

First off I would like to thank Slick for putting his stick in a pot that didnt need to be there. What happened yesterday at the Palmetto 7 on 7 was purely what a motto the Byrnes program goes by " Knowing your place on the bus". Our B Team knew and had no problems with a forfeit to the A team. They know their places on the bus. They know that their turn will come in a couple of years. This was the upper classmans time to shine. My son was playing on the B team yesterday, and I as a parent understood the situation and so did the other parents. We are 1 team we are The Byrnes Rebels not A and B team. We dont want our boys branching off from one another,,, we want ONE solid team together. We dont need 2 brothers at each others throats. This is Shulers team and it will be Jakes when he moves on. Slick for you if you hate us so bad tell your Coach to gas up the bus and bring your deer on up here with their pads. If you wanna play our B team so bad we will be waiting we are looking for preseason scrimmages.
Don't ask questions you don't want the answers to.
gamecocksfootball62
All-American

Re: Really a HUGE misunderstanding about the Byrnes 7 on 7

Postby CITYSLICKER » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:02 pm

BRO, DONT KILL THE MESSENGER FOR THE MESSAGE, NO MATTER HOW YOU MIX IT, THE TWO SHOULD HAVE PLAYED OR COMBINED AS ONE TEAM, AND DO YOU REALLY WANT TO PLAY A 3AAA TEAM.
558 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING- 50 YEARS

http://WWW.BERKELEYSTAGSFOOTBALL.COM
CITYSLICKER
Heisman

Postby gamecocksfootball62 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:14 pm

CITYSLICKER wrote:BRO, DONT KILL THE MESSENGER FOR THE MESSAGE, NO MATTER HOW YOU MIX IT, THE TWO SHOULD HAVE PLAYED OR COMBINED AS ONE TEAM, AND DO YOU REALLY WANT TO PLAY A 3AAA TEAM.

Slick did you really have to start all those negative threads? Our B team is only a bunch of JV players that beat alot of VARSITY squads over the 2 days,,, JV kids I say. Our B team is there really for practice. The last thing we are there for is a pissing match with the A team. Its the A teams time to shine and let recruiters see them and let the spotlight be on them. They deserve it they have worked their azzes off the past 3 to 4 yrs to get there. My boy and his teammates will get their shot next year. Yes sir I would put our JV team against most 3a 2a and 1a teams in the entire state.
gamecocksfootball62
All-American

Postby BYRNES#1 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:18 pm

There is no misunderstanding gamecocksfootball62, the bottom line is you have haters, when you are the elite team its part of it.
I dont give em hell, I just tell them the truth & they think its hell.

BYRNES#1 Fan Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Byrnes1/2 ... ef=tn_tnmn
BYRNES#1
Heisman

Postby dawgfan71 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:23 pm

this makes it sound like the Ducks ducked the Ducks. Is this correct?
dawgfan71
JV

Postby BYRNES#1 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:25 pm

Yep 100% correct

BYRNES#1
Heisman

Postby cavaliereagle » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:41 pm

Call me a hater or whatever you want. Those kids earned the right to play. Besides, I thought the 7on7's were about practice...not winning. Make up your minds Byrnes fans. Can't have it both ways. Of course, it would have been embarrassing for your JV to beat your varsity.
CENTRAL EAGLES MAKE PLAYS...NOT EXCUSES
cavaliereagle
Heisman

Postby Rbmn9529 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:16 am

Without a head to head, you don't know who should be on either team. Are you saying that the A team has a static roster? What if a B team member really brings it? Should he be relegated to B team simply due to his age? You are missing a great opportunity for an important life lesson for kids. What the heck is this "Bus" analogy? The best players should be on bus A.

You are hating on your OWN boys/program if You are going to defend this.
Big hitter, the Lama...

-Carl Spackler
Rbmn9529
Varsity

Postby BYRNES#1 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:20 am

It wouldn't have been embarrassing to me, it would have been promising in my eyes & I would've seen it as a good thing. :D :D

Where was everybody at when Shuler lead his B team to meet Chas Dodd & Co in 7on7 play & his B team forfeited?

Oh yeah that's right Coach Miller was the coach then & it was ok, sure wasn't no outrage or Byrnes bashing back then. Funny how this stuff works aint it? :roll:

BYRNES#1
Heisman

Postby gamecocksfootball62 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:52 am

Rbmn9529 wrote:Without a head to head, you don't know who should be on either team. Are you saying that the A team has a static roster? What if a B team member really brings it? Should he be relegated to B team simply due to his age? You are missing a great opportunity for an important life lesson for kids. What the heck is this "Bus" analogy? The best players should be on bus A.

You are hating on your OWN boys/program if You are going to defend this.

Your analogy here goes every team rides a bus and a bus has 4 tires. Our tires represent 4 things that need to be constant in our players Life. The first is God, 2nd is Family, 3rd is Academics, 4th is teamwork "team". You have to have all of year wheels balanced out and know your role on the team at that point and time. If just one of those tires isn't good the other 3 aren't gonna be able to work either. It's teaching the kids that might not start their freshman year due to being small or something, but by his junior year he has still stayed with the team kept all his focus on the other 3 wheels of the bus and now he is bigger and stronger he knows his role on the team which is that 4th wheel on the bus. It's a motivational thing not only the kids live by but us as parents to. We need to put God, family, work and stuff first and we know our place on the bus of life. As far a you wondering about our A and B team our A team is our top of the line players and they are players that are deserving to be there. Our B team is our top of the line underclassman that will get their time to shine in the years to come. Right now we are focused as a team on getting back to the fundamentals and letting our kids get used to our new staff. That way when August 24th only thing these boys should have on their minds is Apopka .
gamecocksfootball62
All-American

Next

Return to Class 4A