Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Byrnesrebels05, Google Adsense [Bot] and 20 guests

Ft. D 7 on 7

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Ft. D 7 on 7

Postby lowcountrysportsfan » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:33 am

Heard that Ft. D had a good turn out for the 7 on 7 last week and expecting another good turn out this week. I hear Stratford looked pretty good plus was the best team there and Congrats to J Park for his decision on Georgia. I hear Ft. D is still trying to figure out who the QB is going to be for them. I hear Hanahan is going with a Sr who has waited his time (Small kid not very strong arm is the word) but they were not real impressive. As always West Ashley has athletes but they just don't put it together. The QB was all over the place from what I hear and the WR's dropped some easy balls but that can be fixed. Bishop England won't be as strong as they were the past two years from what I hear but as many say put the lineman in and things can change. Stall Well they are a work in progress and from what I was told had decent numbers at the 7 on 7. I hear Summerville has looked Decent in their 7 on 7 as well, I hear the Summerville QB has really started to get comfy and now with a year under his belt he will be better. I hear the WR seem to be getting better too
I heard that Ashley Ridge continued to play the switching game with the QB's. Sounds like they still are not for sure who will be starting. Heard the sophomore QB was switched in an out at the position with another QB (AR was still missing one QB) and even switched at the 7 on 7 the day before. My question is if you have decided on your starting QB why switch the 2nd team QB to the first team and Have your so called Starter play with the second and third team WR/RB when he is trying to get reps, timing with WR's and learn plays? (At Ft. D I heard the kid that was 2nd team got more reps with 1st team then the 1st team QB) Playing with the lesser competition doesn't help. Should be interesting when the other QB comes back on how things go. AR says they are going with the Big kid, well AR has always liked a QB that can run which isn't the big kids strength and I will say it again, They can say they are going to play the big kid, but when things get going tough I bet you they switch back to the running style QB and the big kid is on the sideline. One thing I know is a high school coach can say they are changing the offense but when things go bad they go back to what they like and AR likes a running QB. All I will say is this has AR really committed to just one QB??? If you have two teams and your wanting your 1st string QB to get reps against quality teams get timing down with WR's why switch??? Or are you planning on switching during the season??? People are watching what is going on and they can see for themselves. I am sure there are people that will defend what is going on this is just mere question.
I also heard that AR has a couple of WR's that look good as well and will really go get the ball.
From what I hear all the defenses are hard to really judge because they can kind of cheat in their coverage due to no worries about the Run and when there is no rush things are easier for the offense this is why there isn't much said about any defense that played at the 7 on 7.
lowcountrysportsfan
JV

Re: Ft. D 7 on 7

Postby Houtsman » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:09 pm

Just by coincidence bumped into one of the OL and father this weekend. Just a brief chat but a lot said about trying to replace that senior class. On the QB situation they felt the dual threat kid from NY had it locked in?

Certainly a lot of time before the Fall and positions won but you have to wonder in the coach's head what they want to run.

Like we all know people like to be in their comfort zone...coaches too!

good luck
Houtsman
Houtsman
Freshman

Re: Ft. D 7 on 7

Postby lowcountrysportsfan » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:13 am

Houtsman wrote:Just by coincidence bumped into one of the OL and father this weekend. Just a brief chat but a lot said about trying to replace that senior class. On the QB situation they felt the dual threat kid from NY had it locked in?

Certainly a lot of time before the Fall and positions won but you have to wonder in the coach's head what they want to run.

Like we all know people like to be in their comfort zone...coaches too!

good luck
Houtsman

That could be possible, I just heard that AR got a new QB coach so that could happen. I hear that it is still an open position to be filled even though they "Say" who is starting. Either way in my opinion they are going to take their lumps with what ever QB is in there. Should be interesting, you would think they would commit to one and let it play out. I will admit that I kept hearing/being told about the QB leaving but I will be the first to admit that it doesn't look like it will happen this late in the summer which surprises me, but hey I can be wrong every once and a while...lol
lowcountrysportsfan
JV

Return to Class 4A