Former Dorman Head Coach Lou Fogle

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Re: Former Dorman Head Coach Lou Fogle

Postby DeCavelier » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:37 pm

This thread should be renamed: The Legend of Lou Fogle...
“Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine.”- Elvis Presley
DeCavelier
All-American

Re: Former Dorman Head Coach Lou Fogle

Postby LegendaryE82 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:08 pm

I played for him and would have gone to war with him at the drop of a hat...then he snapped...on me at Mars Hill camp during a scrimmage. Fluke play and some kid scrambled around for a minute and a half and scored on us and he blamed me. Turned out he was waiting for a reason to sit me...for the rest of my career( I was a senior) . He didn't like my friends(non-players) and tried to tell me who I could hang with. He tried 4 or 5 players the rest of the season to fill my shoes and they all failed...I lived and breathed Dorman football and could have gone on to the next level but BOOM! The wrath of a madman struct. I never came off the field during our undefeated JV season and played in the playoffs for the varsity that year, I was a starter every game a cavalier until that week before my senior season, I played on every special teams squad...He instructed every other coach to not let me on the field... Coach Foster told me so. I held on for 4 games and finally had enough. One of the hardest things I've ever done. It haunts me to this day...what might have been. Probably not a lot but who knows...I wouldn't help that man if my life depended on it. Bitter...doesn't come close.
LegendaryE82
Freshman

Previous

Return to Class 4A