Missed Opportunity

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Missed Opportunity

Postby WarPaint74 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:25 am

Byrnes has probably the best team this year that they have had in recent memory. Are they the best in the state? That remains to be seen and I'm sure Northwestern has something to say about that.

This year the Rebels had an opportunity to show the rest of the state that their football program has EARNED the right to be respected.
Unfortunately their deep seated inferiority complex has caused them to stoop to classless acts in an attempt to FORCE the state to respect them.
It is a shame that no matter what the Rebels achieve this year, what they will be remembered for is unsportsmanlike play.

Everybody thinks that the Time out was classless, but that was just the latest in a season long string of classless acts going back to the playoffs last year with their attempt to manipulate the brackets. Then the pre-season forfeits in the 7 on 7's to gain an unfair advantage, running up the score all season just because you can and using a small team like Woodruff to artificially inflate stats and set records.

Not only has The football program missed a golden opportunity to gain TRUE respect, but I personally have lost respect for a lot of the Byrnes supporters here on PFT who refuse to see that this is not the way high school football should be played and defend the classless acts with even more classless statements.

Oh well, that's all I've got. RISE UP :lol:
WarPaint74
All-American

Re: Missed Opportunity

Postby FootballFan4343 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:57 am

While I know this wasn't the point of your post, I still want to comment on the part about Byrnes potentially being the best in the state and NW has something to say about that. Byrnes is NOT the best in the state, no matter what any fan says, as long as NW goes 15-0 and wins the state title, there is no contest, NW is THE BEST in the state. They would go undefeated (which Byrnes didn't) and they would have beaten Byrnes head to head. No matter what anyone says, that is the reality. Now, if NW loses this week or next, the debate can happen again. But if NW goes undefeated, no debate, Byrnes is only the 2nd best team in the state.

But, the rest of your comments are well noted. Byrnes, as one of, if not THE premier program in South Carolina, needs to be above going tit for tat with Lexington. If everything Bentley says is true, why stoop to that level. Perfect chance to teach your kids a lesson in being the "bigger man". Instead, he acted like a child by doing what his players wanted to call a timeout and throw a TD. Again, I am all for continuing to play your style (if thats passing, then continue to pass), I am even fine with keeping your starters in. But to call a timeout with 20 seconds left so you can score again, that is tasteless, no matter what is happening on the field. That is teaching your kids the wrong thing. Be the bigger person.
FootballFan4343
JV

Postby WarPaint74 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:02 am

FootballFan4343 wrote:Byrnes is NOT the best in the state, no matter what any fan says, as long as NW goes 15-0 and wins the state title, there is no contest, NW is THE BEST in the state. They would go undefeated (which Byrnes didn't) and they would have beaten Byrnes head to head. No matter what anyone says, that is the reality. Now, if NW loses this week or next, the debate can happen again. But if NW goes undefeated, no debate, Byrnes is only the 2nd best team in the state.

I agree 100%, just trying to avoid being call a Byrnes hater. Again. 8-)
WarPaint74
All-American

Postby rebelyell88 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:08 am

and that coming from a goofney fan that has played some of the dirtiest football in s.c. not only on the field but off too.lets see busted windows numerous parking lot brawls just for wearing other school colors bottles thrown at cars ect.yep lots of room to talk there paint.
rebelyell88
JV

Postby WarPaint74 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:36 am

Actually I'm a Gaffney fan so I can't say I'm familiar with anything that goes on at goofney. Nice try at diverting attention though.
If any of the things you mentioned are remotely true, it wasn't I that did them, and you will never see me defending any such actions. You will also never see me try to justify my poor decisions by childishly saying, "he did it first".
The credibility of Byrnes posters is hanging on a very fragile thread. I believe I would try to act like an adult and move on before it gets any worse.
WarPaint74
All-American

Postby cavaliereagle » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:38 am

WarPaint74 wrote:Actually I'm a Gaffney fan so I can't say I'm familiar with anything that goes on at goofney. Nice try at diverting attention though.
If any of the things you mentioned are remotely true, it wasn't I that did them, and you will never see me defending any such actions. You will also never see me try to justify my poor decisions by childishly saying, "he did it first".
The credibility of Byrnes posters is hanging on a very fragile thread. I believe I would try to act like an adult and move on before it gets any worse.

:idea:
CENTRAL EAGLES MAKE PLAYS...NOT EXCUSES
cavaliereagle
Heisman

Postby New Rebel 2007 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:15 am

Please remember in 2011 when all gaffney fan defended the player for not coming out of locker room to accept runner up metals and some throwing their metals on the ground. I believe your response was they made a mistake based on emotion.
Many called this classless and you guys defended them to the end, many thing happen in the heat of battle. I have said on another tread that I don't always agree with some of things BB does but I am not the one that has to make those calls in the moment. I would be willing to bet no one on this board has the right to throw stones, take a look in the mirror.
New Rebel 2007
Varsity

Postby HighSCFootballFan » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:25 am

WarPaint74 wrote:Byrnes has probably the best team this year that they have had in recent memory. Are they the best in the state? That remains to be seen and I'm sure Northwestern has something to say about that.

This year the Rebels had an opportunity to show the rest of the state that their football program has EARNED the right to be respected.
Unfortunately their deep seated inferiority complex has caused them to stoop to classless acts in an attempt to FORCE the state to respect them.
It is a shame that no matter what the Rebels achieve this year, what they will be remembered for is unsportsmanlike play.

Everybody thinks that the Time out was classless, but that was just the latest in a season long string of classless acts going back to the playoffs last year with their attempt to manipulate the brackets. Then the pre-season forfeits in the 7 on 7's to gain an unfair advantage, running up the score all season just because you can and using a small team like Woodruff to artificially inflate stats and set records.

Not only has The football program missed a golden opportunity to gain TRUE respect, but I personally have lost respect for a lot of the Byrnes supporters here on PFT who refuse to see that this is not the way high school football should be played and defend the classless acts with even more classless statements.

Oh well, that's all I've got. RISE UP :lol:

Do you remember a while back when everyone thought putting 45 to 12 on another program was classless, but know it's the norm... If your team could do it and your son played with the 2's their is no way you would tell him to take a knee... Real Talk...
HighSCFootballFan
Freshman

Postby 1CANNON » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:31 am

New Rebel 2007 wrote:Please remember in 2011 when all gaffney fan defended the player for not coming out of locker room to accept runner up metals and some throwing their metals on the ground. I believe your response was they made a mistake based on emotion.
Many called this classless and you guys defended them to the end, many thing happen in the heat of battle. I have said on another tread that I don't always agree with some of things BB does but I am not the one that has to make those calls in the moment. I would be willing to bet no one on this board has the right to throw stones, take a look in the mirror.

THOSE WERE KIDS,,THAT CAN BE CORRECTED WITH TEACHING

WHATS BB EXCUSE :roll:
YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!
1CANNON
All-American

Postby WarPaint74 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:41 am

New Rebel 2007 wrote:Please remember in 2011 when all gaffney fan defended the player for not coming out of locker room to accept runner up metals and some throwing their metals on the ground. I believe your response was they made a mistake based on emotion.

Wow that's a good story. Too bad it's duckcrap.

New Rebel 2007 wrote:I believe your response was they made a mistake based on emotion.

That wasn't me pal, but if that's what it takes to get you through the night then by all means spin it anyway you want.
WarPaint74
All-American

Next

Return to Class 4A