Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 13 guests

steve spurrier calls out byrnes coach more info

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

steve spurrier calls out byrnes coach more info

Postby user2 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:30 pm

USC went for it on 4th down around the Coastal Carolina 15 yd line last week up 56-7 instead of taking a knee or kicking a field goal. They scored a couple of plays later.

Check it out...it's true.
user2
Freshman

Re: steve spurrier calls out byrnes coach more info

Postby 1st&Goal » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:19 pm

user2 wrote:USC went for it on 4th down around the Coastal Carolina 15 yd line last week up 56-7 instead of taking a knee or kicking a field goal. They scored a couple of plays later.

The bottom line is. Anytime you are trying to boost numbers for National rankings. You want to score as much as possible. I see no problem with scoring on every possesion. Even when it is Spurrier and the chickens doing it. But hey...I am not a coach.
If YOU cant walk it.....You prolly shouldnt TALK it!!!
1st&Goal
All-American

Postby BYRNES#1 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:38 pm

user2 wrote:USC went for it on 4th down around the Coastal Carolina 15 yd line last week up 56-7 instead of taking a knee or kicking a field goal. They scored a couple of plays later.

He's a freaking hypocrite & that's the bottom line, oh & he's classless. :roll:
I dont give em hell, I just tell them the truth & they think its hell.

BYRNES#1 Fan Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Byrnes1/2 ... ef=tn_tnmn
BYRNES#1
Heisman

Postby user2 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:53 pm

I don't know why people get upset with this stuff these days. Teams are scoring 80 points every week (high school and college) now. I'm sure both Lex and Byrnes both played a part with the animosity, but I say keep scoring. If I was playing basketball against my best friend I'd beat him by 100 and dunk on him every time (if I could) :)
user2
Freshman

Postby Gqmecock » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:57 pm

Pretty obvious to me he was referring to dabo and Clemson.....that's all I have
....I'm out.

G. Costanza
Gqmecock
Freshman

Postby wavefan70s » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:53 pm

Anyone who can give duke winning seasons in football is ok with me lol.maybe they know each other and its a inside joke ribbing kind of thing.
GO DUKE
wavefan70s
All-American

Postby GOBIGGREEN » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:01 pm

Carolina went up 63-7 with 3:26 remaining in the 3rd quarter. It is quite common for teams to go for it on 4th down deep in the opposing teams territory when they have a big lead instead of taking the easy 3 points, which this would have been with the Gamecocks on the 15 yard line. By going for it the opposing team is given a chance to turn the ball over on downs without giving up any more points. I have no issue with this tactic at all...
The Summerville Greenwave
Home of Coach John McKissick
Winningest Football Coach in History
617 wins and counting....
GOBIGGREEN
All-American

Postby Bottom Feeder » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:20 pm

BYRNES#1 wrote:

He's a freaking hypocrite & that's the bottom line, oh & he's classless. :roll:

Dude, this is comparing apple and oranges with what the Rebs. did Friday night. We are talking 10 seconds to go compared to minutes left in the game. I guess you will use anything to try to justify what your team did Friday night. Time to man up and admit things should have been handle differently.
Bottom Feeder
JV

Postby GOBIGGREEN » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:22 pm

And just to be clear, this particular play occurred with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.
The Summerville Greenwave
Home of Coach John McKissick
Winningest Football Coach in History
617 wins and counting....
GOBIGGREEN
All-American

Postby Bottom Feeder » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:48 pm

GOBIGGREEN wrote:And just to be clear, this particular play occurred with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.

Dude, if you guys win this Friday, expect nothing different from the Rebs. when you guys meet them in the State games. They will taunt your player every play. Tell your players to be very careful.
Bottom Feeder
JV

Next

Return to Class 4A