*^South Pointe vs. Hartsville*^Poll*Cmpnshp!

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Who Wins This?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:18 am

South Pointe Stallions
100%
Hartsville Red Foxes
No votes

Total votes : 16

*^South Pointe vs. Hartsville*^Poll*Cmpnshp!

Postby 5thqtr » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:18 am

Hartsville could be revenged minded and fired up and ready! Tiyon Evans ran through the Stallions defense for 200 something yards! Red Foxes should be plenty motivated! They have good film on what the Stallions like to do; so won't be many surprises!
South Pointe coming off a convincing road win @ Greer could be lackluster! They have beaten Hartsville in the past and could have that " ho-hum " attitude that will get you beat every time! But, something tells me these Stallions will be motivated. I've said it all year and I will say it again here. Unless the Stallions are not on their A or B+ game we should beat Hartsville. Their A versus our A gets them blown out. If we don't show up and allow free runners like Evans torching us last year..............long successful regular season for nothing Stallions! What are you going to do "main"!
ImageGreat To Be A Stallion! Blessed To Live In Rock Hill!
5thqtr
All-American

Re: *^South Pointe vs. Hartsville*^Poll*Cmpnshp!

Postby Justin54 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:25 am

I'm a Hartsville fan and south Pointe is just plain better every team south Pointe has played has found out so no big surprises here just another game I'm going just to see how many yards tiyon Evans gets
Justin54
Freshman

Postby 5thqtr » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:33 pm

WS2
RHF

Are you guys going down early to catch some of the Chapman/Dillon game?

I have to believe our game will be "short" some on attendance because of the SEC and ACC championship games starting @ 8. Actually I believe the SEC championship game starts @ 4.
In short, may only be true Red Fox and Stallions fans in the building by the time this game kicks off.
5thqtr
All-American

Postby AMA-MAN » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:17 am

South Pointe is just too fast on both sides of the ball.
AMA-MAN
Freshman

Postby region2 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:27 pm

Would be shocked if the game is even close. SP is that talented. Thought Greer could give them a game. But SP takes speed and athleticism to a different level. And then to add insult to injury their kicker kicks it out of the end zone on every kickoff, so you are always working with a long field because of no hope of a return. Figure they would win 5A too if they could play for both. QB is a special athlete that almost appears to be able to take off and score any time he wants to.
region2
All-American

Postby Wildstallion2 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:22 pm

5thqtr wrote:WS2
RHF

Are you guys going down early to catch some of the Chapman/Dillon game?

I have to believe our game will be "short" some on attendance because of the SEC and ACC championship games starting @ 8. Actually I believe the SEC championship game starts @ 4.
In short, may only be true Red Fox and Stallions fans in the building by the time this game kicks off.
5thqtr, Yes I will be there to watch this School Record Breaking South Pointe Team play, at 6:30, I would also like to see the rematch between Dillon and Chapman, but I don't know if I will make that one yet.
Wildstallion2
Varsity

Postby Wildstallion2 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:02 pm

This 2017 Hartsville Team that South Pointe will play this week seems to have struggled on the offensive side this season, compared to the Redfoxes of the last few years, the most points they scored in a game this season is 48. To have a chance to beat South Pointe you are going to have to score a lot of points to keep up with their explosive offense. One problem I see for Hartsville is it's taking over 6 minutes on their ball drive's to score, the clock will be their enemy on this game.
Wildstallion2
Varsity

Postby polysci » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:44 pm

Another blowout. Take away the Georgia game and I heard that should have been a blowout and every game SP has played has been a blowout. Really they haven't been challenged this year. 5th when are you going to stop making up if/thens when it comes to who SP plays. Like the Rock used to say, it doesn't matter. Any other fan whose team was as talented and experienced as SP would be talking noise every week. Congrats SP I'll do some talking for you guys. 2017 SP is one of the greatest teams ever to play in SC. After the state blowout check the scores from every game and how many players from this team go to the next level.
polysci
Freshman

Postby 5thqtr » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:40 pm

Polysci - LOL, man I post like I do b/c I know some of the players read these threads. I don't want to contribute to any complacency or sense of entitlement just b/c of that SP jersey!
I sometimes think people "Coach Talk" certain players or teams to throw them off their game! Get in their heads and tell them how great they are, next thing you know, they don't prep right. They don't practice right. They don't pay attention to details. But mainly, "they have the entirely wrong mindset" to go win a football game. I have seen it happen.

This is the reason I say quite often Polysci - " if the Stallions play their A game.......forget about it..........Stallions win no question"! If they show up and play their B or C+ game or worse yet D game............."the other team has a chance"! Depending on who the opponent is of course!
State Championship! Big Bright lights of WB stadium. I don't think that will be a problem. I am most looking forward to seeing what that Stallions defense can do to contain T. Evans! Hartsville moved the ball but couldn't get it in the endzone. Great thing we don't need to possess the football in order to score points. And anything within 49 yards is a scoring opportunity with BT's leg!

If the Stallions don't turn it over or have a ton of penalties I think we win pretty handily. Hopefully, you can see a bit better as to where I am coming from Polysci! I knew some players in past years; "not sure about this year" who read these threads. There are enough people telling them how great they are! We have that covered 10 fold. How many are saying, " anybody can be beat if you don't bring it"?
5thqtr
All-American

Postby TIM » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:28 pm

This game will be over in the 1st quarter. Stallions will kick the crap out of the foxes.
PRIDE, CLASS, COURAGE AND THE WILL TO WIN
TIM
All-American

Next

Return to Class 4A