2018 SOUTH POINTE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

2018 SOUTH POINTE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Postby jeff_scfootballstats » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:52 pm

South Pointe HS 2018 Football schedule

8/17/2018 Northwestern
8/24/2018 @ Rock Hill
8/31/2018 Nation Ford
9/7/2018 Bye
9/14/2018 Greenville
9/21/2018 @ Indian Land
9/28/2018 Westwood
10/5/2018 @ Lancaster
10/12/2018 Richland Northeast
10/19/2018 Ridge View
10/26/2018 @ York

Posted on scfootballstats.com
jeff_scfootballstats
Freshman

Re: 2018 SOUTH POINTE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Postby 5thqtr » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:34 pm

People not from around Rock Hill don't understand how crazy having Northwestern then Rock Hill back to back has the potential to be. But believe me it does. Not sure I would have done that; but it is what it is now! Probably had something to do with "their" schedules conflicting I guess!
Geared down a bit from the schedule we have had the last 4 years. Local teams who are all very good! NW, RH, G, NF I believe all made the playoffs last year!

This schedule could have ST. Thomas Aquinas, De La Salle, St. Xavier and St. Jon Bosco, CA on it...................the goal would still be the same.....................win them all! Play the schedule and the cards your dealt.
Go Stallions! Get better every day during the summer!
ImageGreat To Be A Stallion! Blessed To Live In Rock Hill!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby silverfox92 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:53 pm

[quote=“jeff_scfootballstats”]South Pointe HS 2018 Football schedule

8/17/2018 Northwestern
8/24/2018 @ Rock Hill
8/31/2018 Nation Ford
9/7/2018 Bye
9/14/2018 Greenville
9/21/2018 @ Indian Land
9/28/2018 Westwood
10/5/2018 @ Lancaster
10/12/2018 Richland Northeast
10/19/2018 Ridge View
10/26/2018 @ York

Posted on scfootballstats.com[/quote]

How good is SP expected to be this year? Do you you see a slight step back or does the train keep rolling? From the looks of this schedule it seems like it might be that latter. SP was ranked as high as #5 nationally last year and scheduled a 2 A Indian Land team? And didn’t you all score at least 60 points on Greenville in last years playoffs?
silverfox92
Freshman

Postby Wildstallion2 » Wed May 09, 2018 5:40 pm

Silverfox92, you are experiencing the calm before the storm with South Pointe right now, after losing so much talent to graduation, everyone just assumes that there will be a big drop off for South Pointe this year, but South Pointe is about to do something that no other South Carolina high school team has never done, which is win 5 State Championships in a row. To start with South Pointe’s defensive and offensive lines are going to look like the IMG Academy lines, they are going to be Hugh and not just big also fast and athletic, one is 6 foot 5 305 pounds, also both the running backs are back, they had about 35 touchdowns between the two of them last season. The Quarterbacks Taleek Steel and Ty Good are battling for the starter position both are great quarterbacks, Taleek had a lot of playing time at quarterback last season playing alot of the 3rd and 4th quarters, and Ty Good being a awesome Baseball Pitcher for South Pointe, having multi-able Baseball offers, he has got a arm on him for the long ball. Check out Taleek Steel at quarterback, playing over half of the game against Ridgeview, and scoring 30 points in the second half. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WMIp--HevI
Wildstallion2
Varsity

Postby 5thqtr » Wed May 09, 2018 7:54 pm

The Stallions will "contend again"! I see us being "different" but the same South Pointe w/regards to "final results"! Different playmakers nobody but folks who keep up with JV and 9th grade know; but names recruiters probably already know. We will be good; but young at critical positions Silverfox92. I can see that being part of the above schedule. Also, getting games often is hard to come by you win a bunch! If your consistently winning teams shy away until "they have to play you"! Not saying that's all that happened; but you can bet the farm that's some of it.
I know Ty Good has a good arm WS2 and is likely a really good QB; I think he would help us more at WR. He was solid there last year and has the experience to go play w/confidence. Same with T. Steel @ QB. He played a great deal of snaps at QB and should be very confident. Mcmanus is an Air Raid guy and would love the QB with a pitchers arm to "get the ball out to the perimeter quick". But, we'll see. Both, would have to show a ton of potential or ability in there "new positions" if I were making the call. I'm not though. Steel is too good for him not to be on the field; so he would be changing positions.

Defensively - we have to find someone to get after the QB. May be a group effort like a bunch of games last year! Remember - Eli was hurt some of last year and not 100%. The rest of the guys stepped up and made plays. Also, what will the defense look like? Will the new DC bring in sweeping changes? I hope not. SP plays tough in your face defense; PERIOD. But, you never know if you get one of those guys trying to make it rocket science in there. The kids play slow (processing) then get beat! Let's hope that does not happen.

In short, many questions to answer. Coaching uncertainity. Remember at one point we were staring the possibility of losing the DC and OC. New starter @ QB. Many questions but honestly - there is a ton of talent left! A ton of will be or would be college level talented kids that will complete the South Pointe Stallions 2018 roster! We should be right there if everything works out in a few key areas! But, uncertainity and reputation caused this schedule in my opinion.

LOL, unless the school district had something to do with it. Maryland in 16. Atlanta in 17. The other schools in the district "may have complained"! Don't know and haven't heard; but this is Rock Hill where if you rub elbows with the right folks you can still get your way.
5thqtr
All-American

Postby Wildstallion2 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:30 pm

5thqtr, I have heard that Coach Herron has taken over the coaching of the defense for now, and I have also heard that we have some 4 and 5 star freshman talent coming up that might get some play time.
Wildstallion2
Varsity

Postby 5thqtr » Wed May 09, 2018 10:19 pm

Yeah, I heard the same thing. Like I told the people I heard that from; "are they ready to contribute though"? They are: " will be" talents who will get college offers. But, can they help us now? Hopefully, of course, the answer is: YES! I chuckle every year about people saying they losing a lot to graduation, LOL! They just don't know; do they WS2, LOL! :lol: College Downs, SSP, SLP, G-St and "the country boys" make for a perfect mix of country strong and urban athletic( what I call it anyway)!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby silverfox92 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:42 am

Good to hear! SP always have athletes so I knew you guys would contend for your fifth straight. How good is Northwestern? They’re supposedly #3 in 5A to start the season and will face off against Dutch Fork. Any insight?
silverfox92
Freshman

Postby 5thqtr » Mon May 21, 2018 8:37 pm

[quote=“silverfox92”]Good to hear! SP always have athletes so I knew you guys would contend for your fifth straight. How good is Northwestern? They’re supposedly #3 in 5A to start the season and will face off against Dutch Fork. Any insight?[/quote]

Silverfox92 - NW is probably ranked so high b/c they have some nice pieces coming back off a decent squad from last year. They have a bit more coaching stability. A couple of those "nice pieces" Jamario Holley and Fentrell Cypress are ranked in the top 10 in SC for 2019. Holley is in the ESPN 300 in fact.
They are going to be tougher than last year for sure!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby 5thqtr » Fri May 25, 2018 8:26 pm

WS2 - wow! You were absolutely correct about our size. Goodness!

You hope those kids have that dominant charaecter and swagger because they certainly have the size.

With the skill guys we have coming back; we should be tough in 2018! Young at some positions; but tough! Hopefully, non-region prepares us for what should be a tough region yet again!

Love our size in the trenches!
5thqtr
All-American

Next

Return to Class 4A