2018 SOUTH POINTE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Re: 2018 SOUTH POINTE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Postby Wildstallion2 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:52 pm

5thqtr wrote:WS2 - wow! You were absolutely correct about our size. Goodness!

You hope those kids have that dominant charaecter and swagger because they certainly have the size.

With the skill guys we have coming back; we should be tough in 2018! Young at some positions; but tough! Hopefully, non-region prepares us for what should be a tough region yet again!

Love our size in the trenches!
Yeah, and also our Quarterback Tahleek Steele is THE REAL DEAL, I was very impressed with his passing into tight coverage, by the end of the summer with all the 7on7's he should be ready to BALL-IT-OUT, and I also like the moving around of some of the play-makers, like one of our star running backs, Joe Ervin to slot receiver so that both running backs Joe and Marice Whitlock can be on the field at the same time, and putting Ty Good back to the wide receiver position, great moves. I'm still waiting to see our New Star Kicker, I heard he had a good strong leg on him.
Wildstallion2
Varsity

Postby 5thqtr » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:45 pm

[img]
Code: Select all
[url][/url]
[/img]

Polysci would tell me - 5th you just worried about nothing! But, man just had a bad thought about our "scaled down" schedule!

What if there is early success. Let's say, big time early success! How will the new starters handle it? Will they act like; the season is over and we don't have to keep getting better each week? Will they realize the competition will only get ratcheted up as the season goes along?

The coaches already do an amazing job; managing this teams "head space" will be a big key to success or failure this season I think! We have raw talent enough for another title. But, will that talent be focused and determined or will it be "complacent and lazy"? DK is not walking out the locker room. Eli Adams is walking out that locker room. Stephon Gilmore or DooDoo won't be able to help win games. The kids who are up next will have to carry the flag!

Getting antsy - must be about time for football season!
ImageGreat To Be A Stallion! Blessed To Live In Rock Hill!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby 5thqtr » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:54 pm

https://www.heraldonline.com/latest-news/article212818099.html Awesome! But, who's next?

My early contenders!

D. Manning

T. Weeks-Minton

I. Ross

T. Good

M. Whitlock

T. Steele

**The 1st two being defense was no accident! How will the defense look w a new DC? Will we still be the ultra aggressive attacking defense or more laid back? Time will tell.
ImageGreat To Be A Stallion! Blessed To Live In Rock Hill!
5thqtr
All-American

Previous

Return to Class 4A