South Pointe Coaching Staff Attrition

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

South Pointe Coaching Staff Attrition

Postby 5thqtr » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:55 pm

With the DC gone - hired @ Goose Creek.
The OC - looking to land a HC gig @ Union County. Probably will get it.

Wow! Those are just huge holes to fill. Coach Herron is really going to earn his salary this year if both depart! I love the team we have coming back for 2018; b/c everyone will likely expect that dramatic drop off w/o DK, Currence, Adams, Potter, etc. With the same coaching staff in tact; I could see us challenging again! It would be challenging with those guys; but w/o it may be a strain! Or "who knows" maybe they get guys in just as good as those guys.
Just a bunch of uncertainty all of a sudden! Talent speaking: " there is no doubt"! Coaching now is a big question mark heading into the 2018 season.
ImageGreat To Be A Stallion! Blessed To Live In Rock Hill!
5thqtr
All-American

Re: South Pointe Coaching Staff Attrition

Postby 5thqtr » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:09 pm

I have seen/heard where coaches who have had a "consistent high level of success" basically get bored. You wonder how Geno Auriemma does it each year! Not sure if that is what this is or more money is the calling or maybe more prestige/recognition by being the Head Coach! But, makes you wonder what's going on if you have staffers leaving or wanting to leave. You can't argue with the success; so that's off the table!
p.s. to the people who get all offended when players move to better opportunities: Exhibit A - 103 - coaches do it. Business professionals do it in every line of business. But, anyway!
Whoever comes in or steps up(if internal) unfortunately you have big shoes to fill. The expectations are high! You will have to be willing to grind. No doubt we have had good players! But, the reason we have been so successful over the short history of the school is: " good coaching staff chemistry"! Good coaching period. Many others schools have "A BUNCH OF ATHLETES" too! But, don't win. You have to have both.
The common and in my opinion dumb/stupid/un-informed statement about South Pointe is: " anybody can win with the talent they have"!
So untrue! So silly! You have to be a grinder and willing to put in the work! Often when we play teams: " they play above their heads; b/c it's South Pointe"! Getting kids not to feel complacent or owed something when you have been successful takes special people. B/C the minute they let that fester will be the moment you start getting your butt handed to you. Nobody going to roll over b/c your SP! Some people just don't get it and I dismiss myself from the conversations when I see that. Many a talented Rock Hill Bearcats teams that "should have won" but never did are still talked about to this day by the people who were there. You have to have the right people in place!
Alarming, yes!
Panicked, no. Why aren't you panicked 5th? Well, b/c the school district, AD have done well in the past. I have no reason to believe they will fall short this time.
5thqtr
All-American

Postby AMA-MAN » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:16 pm

Even, If they both depart for other places; they (South Pointe) will be just fine.

Since, the first year of this school-- they have done quite well. South Pointe simply reloads.

I am not a South Pointe fan-- I am just calling as I see it.

If, someone other than South Pointe wins the 2018 AAAA title they will have to come thru South Pointe to get it.
AMA-MAN
Freshman

Postby 5thqtr » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:36 pm

AMA - "let's hope you're correct"! I just know you can't under-value good chemistry! Whether or not you like each other and willing to sacrifice for one another. Sometimes as a staff it's "you and nobody else"! In other words, as a staff you make a decision that may be unpopular with: the team, administration, fans, etc. If you are not cohesive if it gets grimy "bad things can happen"! Like not being motivated. Not wanting to put in the work; b/c you can't stand your co-workers, etc.
But yeah! We should be able to challenge "ANYBODY" this year with the players we have coming back for a state championship! Again, just have to trust the administration.
5thqtr
All-American

Postby IDGAF » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:15 pm

from what I heard today South Pointe will be needing a new OC
IDGAF
Freshman

Return to Class 4A