Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests

Gaffney helmet change

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Gaffney helmet change

Postby notabyrnesfan » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:22 pm

The word is that Gaffney may be changing to gold helmets.
notabyrnesfan
Varsity

Re: Gaffney helmet change

Postby Chief Shooting Bull » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:55 pm

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :x
The Gaffney Indians...17 time South Carolina State Champions!
Chief Shooting Bull
All-American

Postby BYRNES#1 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:12 pm

Im with you CSB, doesnt sound like the right move to me.
I dont give em hell, I just tell them the truth & they think its hell.

BYRNES#1 Fan Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Byrnes1/2 ... ef=tn_tnmn
BYRNES#1
Heisman

Postby Sacs44 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:31 pm

I like the old one with gold flake, I think that would be a bad move. Tradition is what Gaffney has, I wouldn't change anything if I was Coach Jones.
Sacs44
JV

Postby Lumber Jack Frost » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:48 am

Gaffney's all black under armour home uni's are among the best looking in high school football in my opinion. With under armour as a sponser, you guys should be able to tweak things here and there but getting rid of any part of the black would be a mistake. It kinda adds to the intimidation factor and mystic that Gaffney football brings with it. I must say I love Byrnes uni's but it would be cool if we could somehow work black into our color scheme imo. KEEP IT BLACK!!!!!!!
Lumber Jack Frost
JV

Postby SPARTANVILLE VI » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:25 pm

WHAT?

No way that happens. Gaffney fans wouldn't dare accept the Black Helmets being replaced with a Gold helmet- they'd look like Spartanburg with a black facemask... no way they'd want Indian helmets to look like Viking helmets.

For some reason I'm hearing Chief Dmart's classic "Hold on now..."

Just so ya'll know Gaffney fans its awful hard to beat that gold helmet Spartan High's got... I mean the best anyone could possibly do would be to copy us. :D I can't imagine the Tribal Council would copy anybody. Gaffney fans are some of SC's proudest, change doesn't come easily to a time- tested 16 Championship formula.

BTW... I've still got a framed picture of Gaffney/ Union for ol DMart I picked up for $5... its got the old school black helmets with the GHS arrow... that was pretty cool.
“I’ve got a ring on my finger right here, 2001 state champions, and I wore that with pride. I put it on my dresser when I left. I want to bring that back.”- SHS HC Chris Miller

"Momentum is only a play away"- Doc Davis
SPARTANVILLE VI
All-American

Postby likeitRnot » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:44 pm

Maybe it's the only gold they think they will see ! Hey how bout at the end of the season you guys melt them down and make your own MEDALS! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
likeitRnot
All-American

Postby ( GHOST ) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:51 pm

:lol: Burns don't want none! who are you kidding likeitrnot, i heard you "about halftime last year" yelling from the parking lot ... It's hard to tell colors Gold or Black from out there with sparks coming off your xx hehe :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
( GHOST )
Freshman

Postby likeitRnot » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:55 pm

( GHOST ) wrote::lol: Burns don't want none! who are you kidding likeitrnot, i heard you "about halftime last year" yelling from the parking lot ... It's hard to tell colors Gold or Black from out there with sparks coming off your xx hehe :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yelling what planet are these refs from???? One thing for sure ghost ,you know what they say about payback! A 60-7 score would be close this year! ;)
likeitRnot
All-American

Postby T-Williams » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:21 pm

Well as much as I hate to say it guys...its true I've seen a picture of them and they are sure enough gold :?
T-Williams
JV

Next

Return to Class 4A