Woodruff Players

The board dedicated to the Class 3A schools in South Carolina. Follow the schools here in their drive for a trip to Columbia.

Woodruff Players

Postby Fridaynightlights » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:20 am

Is Halloran or McKelvin being recruited by any of the division 1 colleges?
Fridaynightlights
Freshman

Re: Woodruff Players

Postby Wolverine Legend » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:16 am

I know for a fact Keegan doesn’t have any major college offers and that is a travesty. He is hands down the best 2019 quarterback in the state and can do it all on the field. McKelvin is just a junior and is starting to get looks from college coaches. He already has some Shrine Bowl interest for next year. He is, in my opinion, a top 5 receiver in the state.
Welcome to Woodruff, the original title town. Pardon us for the beatdown you are about to receive. We hope you enjoy your visit, and please come again soon!
Wolverine Legend
All-American

Postby region2 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:05 pm

Keegan is a real good HS QB. Beat in the state? Some good ones out there. But could he play college ball somewhere? Sure. He isn't a big time D1 guy, but could play at some level. But I see a lot of real good football players that don't get a sniff. Many programs recruit off a template. And if a player doesn't check all the boxes in regards to size, speed, arm strength, etc., they get crossed off the list and those schools move to the next guy on the list. Crazy. But I have seem kids recruited who weren't great football players, but met the criteria, while a kid maybe an inch too short than desired at a certain position, but is a heck of a ball player gets passed over. Just the way it is.
region2
All-American

Postby Fridaynightlights » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:11 pm

I think Keegan is better than the QB's the Gamecocks is putting on the field right now hands down.
Fridaynightlights
Freshman

Postby region2 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:23 pm

Woodruff High School, and 3A football isn't even in the same universe as the SEC. If he were close, or better than any QB on the roster in Columbia, the coaches would be recruiting him.
region2
All-American

Postby Wolverine Legend » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:26 pm

I will say this, and it is an absolute fact. Keegan Halloran is a better quarterback than Jake Bentley. He would start over Bentley RIGHT NOW if he were on the South Carolina roster. Jake Bentley is one of the biggest busts, and one of the worst quarterbacks to ever play in the SEC.
Welcome to Woodruff, the original title town. Pardon us for the beatdown you are about to receive. We hope you enjoy your visit, and please come again soon!
Wolverine Legend
All-American

Postby All We Do Is Win » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:14 pm

[quote=“region2”]Woodruff High School, and 3A football isn’t even in the same universe as the SEC. If he were close, or better than any QB on the roster in Columbia, the coaches would be recruiting him.[/quote]

No classification in SC is in the same universe as the SEC bro..
We are the Best. We are Dillon. Strive for Five
All We Do Is Win
Varsity

Postby Fridaynightlights » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:16 pm

I could not agree more legend.
Fridaynightlights
Freshman

Postby ST Rebels 72 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:19 pm

If the kid was that great, Carolina would be beating the doors down to get him...The kid is a very good hs qb, but he isn’t a Div 1 SEC qb, and he definitely not a better qb than Bentley. I do wish him the best and hopefully a mid major school give him an opportunity to play. I think he would be a great fit for Charleston Southern...
PRIDE, CLASS, COURAGE AND THE WILL TO WIN
ST Rebels 72
All-American

Postby 1fan » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:34 am

I don’t doubt he is a good qb but the best in the state? have you seen the Bell kid from Saluda.i know you have seen the one at Southside Christian.he has several college offers.some of the 4a and 5a schools have some good ones.
1fan
Freshman

Next

Return to Class 3A