The Mayor of Hooterville is back from the dead!!

The board dedicated to the Class 3A schools in South Carolina. Follow the schools here in their drive for a trip to Columbia.

The Mayor of Hooterville is back from the dead!!

Postby TheMayorofHooterville » Tue May 07, 2019 11:21 pm

I've taken probably a good year off, but it was with good reason!
I had some heavy medical issues this past August, and only went to one Newberry High game this past season.
From 1998 to this past season, I'd only missed three games...of which I was in a hospital again!
Seriously though, the doctors discovered that I have sleep apnea, while it was also noted that I had severe depression.
I sleep with a c=pap every night now, and my depression pill also has made me feel the best that I have felt in about 30 years!
Some of you knew about me, while most of you did not, but I had literally tens of thousands of people praying for me, including complete strangers during that time.
I have a sincere appreciation of doctors, nurses, aides, therapists, as well as everybody involved in the medical field!
I told people not to worry about me, also. I had absolutely gorgeous nurses, aides, and therapists there for me 24 hours a day!
Come on now, Would you rather have a Hooter Girl like nurse to come in and work with you and keep you company, or Tim and the Legend to watch a game with?!
Duh!!
TheMayorofHooterville
Freshman

Re: The Mayor of Hooterville is back from the dead!!

Postby 96fanatic » Wed May 08, 2019 7:33 am

[quote=“TheMayorofHooterville”]I’ve taken probably a good year off, but it was with good reason!
I had some heavy medical issues this past August, and only went to one Newberry High game this past season.
From 1998 to this past season, I’d only missed three games...of which I was in a hospital again!
Seriously though, the doctors discovered that I have sleep apnea, while it was also noted that I had severe depression.
I sleep with a c=pap every night now, and my depression pill also has made me feel the best that I have felt in about 30 years!
Some of you knew about me, while most of you did not, but I had literally tens of thousands of people praying for me, including complete strangers during that time.
I have a sincere appreciation of doctors, nurses, aides, therapists, as well as everybody involved in the medical field!
I told people not to worry about me, also. I had absolutely gorgeous nurses, aides, and therapists there for me 24 hours a day!
Come on now, Would you rather have a Hooter Girl like nurse to come in and work with you and keep you company, or Tim and the Legend to watch a game with?!
Duh!![/quote]

welcome back.glad you are feeling better.
96fanatic
All-American

Postby TheMayorofHooterville » Wed May 08, 2019 3:45 pm

Thank-you.
TheMayorofHooterville
Freshman

Postby bigdog2003 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:45 pm

[quote=“TheMayorofHooterville”]I’ve taken probably a good year off, but it was with good reason!
From 1998 to this past season, I’d only missed three games...of which I was in a hospital again!
Duh!![/quote]

Mayor,

It wasn't the same not having you at games last year. I didn't make it to many myself, but I know everybody around Newberry was praying for you last year. It is going to be nice to have you back this year.
bigdog2003
Varsity

Return to Class 3A