NO ON 3AAA SPLIT

The board dedicated to the Class 3A schools in South Carolina. Follow the schools here in their drive for a trip to Columbia.

Re: NO ON 3AAA SPLIT

Postby TGRFAN » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:08 pm

Over the years we have seen a 4th seed play for the State Championship in AA and AAAA.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy,..than to fumble THIS football" John Heisman
TGRFAN
All-American

Postby region2 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:32 am

And every now and then you are going to find someone that catches lightening in a bottle, where a team catches fire late, or gets back an injured player. etc. But then what good is the regular season at that point? Then lets go back to the where I said this whole thing appears to be headed and just let everyone in the playoffs. And then everyone could feel good about themselves because they are a "playoff" team. I have heard this from many outlets in Greenville County for years. That football programs are successful because they are in the playoffs. That they never do anything once they get there matters little.
region2
Varsity

Postby TIM » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:28 am

awesome news!!!!! thanks for posting slick. now let 1A/2A do the same!!!
PRIDE, CLASS, COURAGE AND THE WILL TO WIN
TIM
All-American

Postby HSFBjunkie » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:50 am

region2 wrote:Now while I do have a problem with all of these split divisions......the ship about with the watered down playoff system sailed long ago. And I see a day not too far down the road where they may just let everyone in the playoffs. It's all about money. They expanded the playoff teams to increase the number of games and have a few extra gates. That 1/2 of the teams have no business in the playoffs is a non factor. Letting everyone in would give a few more gates. Might as well.

But when every team in Class AA made the playoffs this year, the teams that actually draw crowds lost a gate because of byes.
Educating the public about what "running up the score" truly is, one soccer mom at a time.
HSFBjunkie
Varsity

Postby 96deer » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:15 pm

HSFBjunkie wrote:
region2 wrote:

But when every team in Class AA made the playoffs this year, the teams that actually draw crowds lost a gate because of byes.

Exactly...let eveyone in the playoffs if you want to, but don't have Dillon take a week off & lose that gate money
96deer
All-American

Postby region2 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:14 pm

I agree with you totally on that. But then again, it makes all of the true pretenders feel good to be in the playoffs in today's way of thinking. And I am sure that most think that the fan support will suddenly forget how good, or bad, their team may be and turn out in droves to support their team. Doesn't seem to work out that way, but I would imagine that is the thinking behind it. And with the exception of the annual contenders, it almost seems like some folks quit supporting a team at the end of the season. I know when WH played York in the second round this past year, one would have thought folks would have turned out in droves for a second round playoff game at WH, which hadn't happened in years. But it was probably the least attended game of the year. Now I realize WH got lucky with a weak schedule, and lucky to draw a Pickens in the first round. But still, the second round is the second round and you figure at least the student body would be interested.
region2
Varsity

Postby eaglethatneverplayedbutknows » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:03 pm

1A and 4A needs a split. Not fair for a 1A school with 175 students to compete with a school with 550 students. Also, in 4A, a school with 3000 students should not compete with a school with 1600 students. 2A and 3A does not have such a disparity in enrollment.
ALL WE KNOW IS WATERMELONS, FOOTBALL, HOW TO BEAT CHESTERFIELD AND DILLON!!!!!
eaglethatneverplayedbutknows
All-American

Previous

Return to Class 3A