Who will be the next HBC at Woodruff?

The board dedicated to the Class 3A schools in South Carolina. Follow the schools here in their drive for a trip to Columbia.

Who will be the next HBC at Woodruff?

Postby Woodruff07 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:50 pm

With Trey Elder taking the OC job at North Greenville University, who are some likely candidates to be his replacement at Woodruff?
Woodruff Wolverines
Woodruff07
Freshman

Re: Who will be the next HBC at Woodruff?

Postby Wolverine Legend » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:16 pm

Woodruff07 wrote:With Trey Elder taking the OC job at North Greenville University, who are some likely candidates to be his replacement at Woodruff?

I haven't heard any specific names yet but I do know we've already had a ton of applicants in just a 24 hour period. We're one of the most desirable places to coach in SC and we're going to be loaded this year provided we stay healthy. It won't be hard to get a great coach to come to Woodruff.

That said, I wish Coach Elder all the best in his new opportunity and thank him for all he has done for Woodruff!
Welcome to Woodruff, the original title town. Pardon us for the beatdown you are about to receive. We hope you enjoy your visit, and please come again soon!
Wolverine Legend
All-American

Postby OLDFART51 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:41 pm

[quote=“Woodruff07”]With Trey Elder taking the OC job at North Greenville University, who are some likely candidates to be his replacement at Woodruff?[/quote]

Most likely the guy that marks the football field at Byrnes or the PA guy at Byrnes or the guy that cleans the restrooms. Seems Woodruff has the idea that Byrnes is the answer at Woodruff.
Defense is the name of the game, no matter what game is played. If the opposition doesn't score you can't lose.
OLDFART51
JV

Postby jhs65 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:31 pm

I’d suggest Burton Able, former Silver Bluff coach. LOL
Nobody can kill a program quicker.
Go Bluff Dogs and Clemson Tigers
jhs65
All-American

Postby All We Do Is Win » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:22 pm

Woodruff will not be a state contender in 3A anytime soon! :mrgreen:
We are the Best. We are Dillon. Strive for Five
All We Do Is Win
Varsity

Postby blister » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:34 pm

[quote=“OLDFART51”][quote=“Woodruff07”]With Trey Elder taking the OC job at North Greenville University, who are some likely candidates to be his replacement at Woodruff?[/quote]

Most likely the guy that marks the football field at Byrnes or the PA guy at Byrnes or the guy that cleans the restrooms. Seems Woodruff has the idea that Byrnes is the answer at Woodruff.[/quote]

You may be on to something. It does appear that with their last two hires that they simply called Bentley and asked him to select the next coach for them.
blister
Freshman

Postby region2 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:06 pm

Anybody down Woodruff way have any insight on how the search is progressing? Figure the decision by Elder to leave for NGU probably caught them totally off guard. But it has been a couple of weeks. Good paying job at a place that treasures football, so you know they have some good applicants. Anybody have any clue as to who might have applied? Interviewed?
region2
All-American

Postby BC9Mark9 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:00 am

I hear they are interviewing finalists this week but I cannot confirm any names. Does anybody know who made the cut?
BC9Mark9
Freshman

Postby Baba O'Riley » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:15 pm

I literally had to pull my car over this afternoon to keep from wrecking; but Burt Able is interviewing at Bamberg-Erhardt this week. Don't ask me why.
Baba O'Riley
Freshman

Postby jhs65 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:21 pm

[quote=“Baba O’Riley”]I literally had to pull my car over this afternoon to keep from wrecking; but Burt Able is interviewing at Bamberg-Erhardt this week. Don’t ask me why.[/quote]

Must be for assistant coach, head job isn't open is it? That guy is poison to a football program, I'm glad we're rid of him.
Go Bluff Dogs and Clemson Tigers
jhs65
All-American

Next

Return to Class 3A