CHESNEE VS ST JOSEPH'S

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

CHESNEE VS ST JOSEPH'S

by flying eagle » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:14 pm

This will be a close game Chesnee 28 St Joseph's 27 let's go Eagles
flying eagle
All-American

Re: CHESNEE VS ST JOSEPH'S

by chesneefatboy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:09 am

I don't see this being close. I think the Eagles will roll into Greenville on a mission and we will blow St. Josephs out.
Eagles 45
St. Josephs 7 only score is in the meaningless 4th quarter
chesneefatboy
JV

by flying eagle » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:35 pm

[quote=“chesneefatboy”]I don’t see this being close. I think the Eagles will roll into Greenville on a mission and we will blow St. Josephs out.
Eagles 45
St. Josephs 7 only score is in the meaningless 4th quarter[/quote]
Fat boy I hope you are right
flying eagle
All-American

by yinzguys » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:41 am

St. Joe's played the Eagles tough last year came down to a touchdown on a trick play on the last play I believe, and the Knights have alot better numbers and are much more athletic this year I strongly doubt a Chesnee blowout
yinzguys
Freshman

by Catontherun » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:38 pm

Seeing both teams first hand in back to back weeks it will be a tight game.St Joseph gave us good game until the 4th last week. They seem to be a bit better than Chesnee on D so I'd go 27-21.
Catontherun
Freshman

by Ironcladeaglefan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:05 pm

Unfortunately, Chesnee has had a ton of injuries. Even in the first game, we lost our top rb-lb and a great lineman for the season against Broome. Chesnee played a very tough non region with losses against number 1 ranked Chapman and number 7 ranked Broome. Chesnee beat Woodruff 42-28, and Woodruff crushed St. Joe the following week. Chesnee doesn’t have the same team they fielded against Woodruff. We lost players no longer on the team, including top wr. We also lost our center 6′4 300 to acl against Landrum, and we didn’t even have a healthy rb against Blacksburg. Also missed our top tight end with concussion and several had the stomach bug against Blacksburg. Chesnee had 4 other opportunities to score against Blacksburg, but didn’t convert. Injuries are part of the game and the Eagles are having to make do. Hopefully, the bye week has helped Chesnee heal.
God Bless and Go Chesnee Eagles!
John 3:16
Ironcladeaglefan
Freshman

by Bburg22 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:00 am

Not taking anything away or disrespecting Chesnee ... But we also had several kids not playing against chesnee and very good starters out....chesnee may have had other opportunities to score...but they never stopped us and for that matter couldn't stop us...no disrespect to chesnee cuz I like the eagles and have a lot of friends from chesnee....just dont downplay us...

Now for y'all s game Friday.....st Joseph plays good football...they play solid defense and have a very good running back...do not overlook them....good luck Fri....

Chesnee:21
St Joe's:14
Bburg22
JV

by Ironcladeaglefan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:17 pm

Hey BBurg. I didn’t down play Blacksburg. Matter of fact, I feel #9 should have made the Shrine Bowl. He is a great defensive end. Mainly, what I was saying is that Chesnee doesn’t have the same team we had earlier in the year because of injuries and some guys no longer on the team. I hope we still get to play against Yall as Chesnee is moving up to 3A with just 10 more students than Landrum. You know what these injuries are like because BB had many earlier in the year according to the Gaffney newspaper, and they got Hull back and a few others. Nothing but respect for Blacksburg. Best of luck to Blacksburg.
God Bless and Go Chesnee Eagles!
John 3:16
Ironcladeaglefan
Freshman

Return to Class 2A