IF THE PLAYOFFS STARTED TODAY....

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

IF THE PLAYOFFS STARTED TODAY....

Postby 79StateChamp » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:53 am

...here's what the brackets would look like according to my calculations.

My Panthers blew a golden opportunity last week. They have to win this week in order to get the first playoff game at home otherwise they will be on the road. :x

AA UPPER STATE PLAYOFFS D2
HOME AWAY
1. Chesnee  VS BYE
2. Abbeville  VS BYE
3. Buford  VS BYE
4. Blacksburg  VS BYE
5. Batesburg-Leesville  VS 12. Andrew Jackson 
6. Chesterfield  VS 11. Landrum 
7. Ninety-Six  VS 10. Saluda 
8. North Central  VS 9. Indian Land 

AA LOWER STATE PLAYOFFS D2
HOME AWAY
1. Silver Bluff  VS BYE
2. Lee Central  VS BYE
3. Bamberg-Ehrhardt  VS BYE
4. Woodland  VS BYE
5. Aynor  VS 12. Mullins 
6. Barnwell  VS 11. Calhoun County 
7. Ridgeland  VS 10. Academic Magnet 
8. Andrews  VS 9. North Charleston 

AA UPPER STATE PLAYOFFS D1
HOME AWAY
1. Fairfield-Central  VS BYE
2. Central  VS BYE
3. Columbia  VS BYE
4. Cheraw   VS BYE
5. Pendleton  VS 12. Crescent 
6. Newberry  VS 11. Eau Claire 
7. Keenan   VS 10. Liberty 
8. Pelion   VS 9. Mid-Carolina 

AA LOWER STATE PLAYOFFS D1
HOME AWAY
1. Timberland  VS BYE
2. Dillon  VS BYE
3. Bishop England VS BYE
4. Loris  VS BYE
5. Lake City  VS 12. Marion 
6. Edisto  VS 11. Kingstree 
7. Battery Creek  VS 10. Waccamaw 
8. Lake Marion   VS 9. Wade Hampton 
True B-L Panthers NEVER QUIT !!
79StateChamp
Freshman

Re: IF THE PLAYOFFS STARTED TODAY....

Postby bigdog2003 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:46 am

Shouldn't Newberry be the 4 seed based on rotation and the fact they are the highest D1 school in region 3?
bigdog2003
Varsity

Postby AA Fan » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:29 pm

I see why we dont agree...your post says "if started today"......mine are not as they are today but how i expect the regions for finish after week ten.....but i still contend that indian land is div 1 and liberty is div 2.....i can post the numbers if needed
AA Fan
Freshman

Postby 79StateChamp » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:31 pm

bigdog2003 wrote:Shouldn't Newberry be the 4 seed based on rotation and the fact they are the highest D1 school in region 3?

Also I need to mention the four teams that will not make the playoffs are Carolina, Powdersville, Garret Academy and Burke.

This is an exert from the SCHSL AA 2012-13 Handbook and it is what I am using as my basis for the playoff calculations;

"8. To determine the host or home team in the third and fourth rounds of play the team with the highest seed will host.
9. 2012 Class AA Football Playoff Seeding
a. Schools will be placed in Division I or II based on the 135 day enrollment figures from the 2011-2012 school year.
b. The 12 largest schools in Regions I-IV will be placed in Division I Upper State and the 12 smallest will be placed in Division II Upper State. The 12 largest schools in Regions V-VIII will be placed in Division I Lower State and the 12 smallest will be placed in Division II Lower State.
c. All school in regions with 6 teams will make the playoffs. The regions with 8 teams will qualify the top 6 for the playoffs.
d. Seeding will be done based on how schools finish in their regions.
e. Region champions will be seed first (all are guaranteed a 1st round bye). After 1st place finishers are seeded in their respective divisions, the region runner ups will be seeded in their divisions to be followed by the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and finally 6th place finishers. All regions must have a means of determining 1st through 6th place finishers.
f. No point system will be used to seed teams. Seeding priority will be Region 3, 4, 1 and 2 in the Upper State and Region 7, 8, 5 and 6 in the Lower State. This system follows the rotating system used in past years. Last year, 2011, the seeding preference 2, 4, 3, 1 in the Upper State and 6, 8, 7 and 5 in the Lower State. All teams will be seeded in each division 1-12. The bracket will determine pairings. Throughout the playoffs, the higher seeded team will be designated as the host team."
79StateChamp
Freshman

Postby CITYSLICKER » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:39 pm

THE DOCTOR WILL WIN BRO, YALL HAVE HAD SOME INJURIES BUT 6-4 OR 5-5 AINT BAD FROM 1-9????
569 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING- 50 YEARS
"Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art." - Eleanor Roosevelt, diplomat

http://WWW.BERKELEYSTAGSFOOTBALL.COM
CITYSLICKER
Heisman

Postby 2afootballisbest » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:02 pm

liberty is d-2 and mid carolina has the 12th seed locked up. indian land is in the upper not liberty
2afootballisbest
Freshman

Postby Chewbaca » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:20 pm

Your teams are off in the Low Country. So if the playoffs did start today it would be what you have predicted as some teams are in the wrong divison and not going to make the playoffs at all.

North Charleston is out of the playoffs as they will finish 7 or 8th in a 8 team region.

Ridgeland is D1 as they merged with Hardeville giving them over 800+ students

Bishop England and Kingstree are D2
Chewbaca
Freshman

Postby 79StateChamp » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:43 pm

CITYSLICKER wrote:THE DOCTOR WILL WIN BRO, YALL HAVE HAD SOME INJURIES BUT 6-4 OR 5-5 AINT BAD FROM 1-9????

I believe you. His past record alone proves your statement. He is a proven winner and that is the reason he is at B-L! ;)

1-9 seasons don't come around often in Batesburg-Leesville football as a matter of fact the last season that happened was in 1960 over 52 years ago! :o

Up till last season the last losing season alone occured over 21 years ago back in 1990 as that Panther team finished 5-7.

So you can see we are more accustomed to 8 or greater win seasons.

As far as injuries, we don't use that as an excuse as we believe when one Panther goes down the next has to be ready to step in, step it up and get the job done.

This is our tradition and it is part of what makes our football program a great one. Expectations will always be high in the Panther Nation when it comes to football.

The Playoffs have always been B-L Panther time! I still think with a few adjustments this team can make a run in the Playoffs this year!! ;)

Let's go Panthers! :D
79StateChamp
Freshman

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:02 pm

79StateChamp wrote:
CITYSLICKER wrote:THE DOCTOR WILL WIN BRO, YALL HAVE HAD SOME INJURIES BUT 6-4 OR 5-5 AINT BAD FROM 1-9????

I believe you. His past record alone proves your statement. He is a proven winner and that is the reason he is at B-L! ;)

1-9 seasons don't come around often in Batesburg-Leesville football as a matter of fact the last season that happened was in 1960 over 52 years ago! :o

Up till last season the last losing season alone occured over 21 years ago back in 1990 as that Panther team finished 5-7.

So you can see we are more accustomed to 8 or greater win seasons.

As far as injuries, we don't use that as an excuse as we believe when one Panther goes down the next has to be ready to step in, step it up and get the job done.

This is our tradition and it is part of what makes our football program a great one. Expectations will always be high in the Panther Nation when it comes to football.

The Playoffs have always been B-L Panther time! I still think with a few adjustments this team can make a run in the Playoffs this year!! ;)

Let's go Panthers! :D

yes sir.........spoken like a real winner..........to me, B-L football at its best is the best football program that exists........i am glad to see it rising up again.......brown will be contending for the region title very soon..............
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby #81in84 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:19 pm

D1 Upperstate will look like this:

1. Fairfield Central, 1 seed from Reg 3
2. Central, 1 seed from Reg 4
3. Pendleton, 2 seed from Reg 1
4. Newberry, 2 seed from Reg 2
5. Columbia, 2 seed from Reg 3
6. Cheraw, 2 seed from Reg 4
7. Pelion, 3 seed from Reg 3