Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TIM and 9 guests

Fund Raising???

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

Fund Raising???

Postby cattail » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:35 am

I'm sure most schools, other than some private schools, have a hard time funding all their athletic programs as efficiently as they would like too. Ninety Six just held our first school auction and golf tournament this past week and I must admit it was rather enjoyable and we had a pretty good fundraising event. While raising over $7000 might seem small for some, we feel that it was very successful for a first time event.
Thursday night we started our Silent auction at 7pm with a serve yourself taco bar provided by Hardees (BTW it was awesome), guest speakers Coach Chris Liner and Shel Dula were very enjoyable and then we held a live auction that was extremely amusing. Sports and More provided a wide array of sports memorabilia and the booster club also had a variety of silent auction items.
Friday we held a captain choice format golf tournament and afterwards we held an award ceremony. Then we concluded the silent auction bids to be turned in. Enjoyment was had by all and some pretty good deals were purchased and it was all for a great cause , THE KIDS. :D

I was wondering what other types of fund raising events had other schools or booster clubs used to raise money for their athletic programs????
Go Cats! Go Buccs! Come get you some!
cattail
All-American

Re: Fund Raising???

Postby cavaliereagle » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:58 am

cattail wrote:I'm sure most schools, other than some private schools, have a hard time funding all their athletic programs as efficiently as they would like too. Ninety Six just held our first school auction and golf tournament this past week and I must admit it was rather enjoyable and we had a pretty good fundraising event. While raising over $7000 might seem small for some, we feel that it was very successful for a first time event.
Thursday night we started our Silent auction at 7pm with a serve yourself taco bar provided by Hardees (BTW it was awesome), guest speakers Coach Chris Liner and Shel Dula were very enjoyable and then we held a live auction that was extremely amusing. Sports and More provided a wide array of sports memorabilia and the booster club also had a variety of silent auction items.
Friday we held a captain choice format golf tournament and afterwards we held an award ceremony. Then we concluded the silent auction bids to be turned in. Enjoyment was had by all and some pretty good deals were purchased and it was all for a great cause , THE KIDS. :D

I was wondering what other types of fund raising events had other schools or booster clubs used to raise money for their athletic programs????

We used to fry turkeys and grill Boston Butts. We took pre-orders so we didn't have waste. It did ok, nothing near the amount you're speaking of.
CENTRAL EAGLES MAKE PLAYS...NOT EXCUSES
cavaliereagle
Heisman

Postby beaudiddley » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:14 pm

cattail wrote:I'm sure most schools, other than some private schools, have a hard time funding all their athletic programs as efficiently as they would like too. Ninety Six just held our first school auction and golf tournament this past week and I must admit it was rather enjoyable and we had a pretty good fundraising event. While raising over $7000 might seem small for some, we feel that it was very successful for a first time event.

Now how great is this.......and just a few weeks ago ole billyboy was telling everyone 96 was dead because of the TB cases....he said no one would ever come close to the town of 96 again........of course everyone knew he was FOS......congrats to 96 HS on a great fun way to raise funds......
beaudiddley
Heisman

Postby cattail » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:15 pm

beaudiddley wrote:

Now how great is this.......and just a few weeks ago ole billyboy was telling everyone 96 was dead because of the TB cases....he said no one would ever come close to the town of 96 again........of course everyone knew he was FOS......congrats to 96 HS on a great fun way to raise funds......

Thanks Beau, I have had a number of calls telling me how much they enjoyed the auction/golf tournament. Always looking for new ways and ideas to help raise money for our booster club.
BTW I thought Billy would donate a membership to safeville for the auction. We could have made all kinds of money with that item. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
cattail
All-American

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:09 pm

we didn't encourage much fundraising..........people get tired of the school constantly knocking on the door with a begger cup in their hand..........a golf tournament in 96........yea, that has money written all over it for sure..........the auction comes with begging people again to donate stuff to sell..........and if the auctioneer isn't really good it only brings marginal money..........i created 2 fundraisers in my time..........the first one a bull walked out on the practice football field and crapped and we made $10,000..........took 5 minutes..........we realized that we could do it much bigger so we did it again with 3 times the number of squares and the bull walked out there and crapped again and we made $30,000.........that was about the best i could do....
we found that the most effective way to raise funds was to win.........when you win you don't have to beg for money..........your concessions stands and fan gear sales provide you with all you need.........the huge gates ice the cake........sorry, not much experience with fund raising.........
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby cavaliereagle » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:21 pm

BiLlYdAkIDd wrote:we didn't encourage much fundraising..........people get tired of the school constantly knocking on the door with a begger cup in their hand..........a golf tournament in 96........yea, that has money written all over it for sure..........the auction comes with begging people again to donate stuff to sell..........and if the auctioneer isn't really good it only brings marginal money..........i created 2 fundraisers in my time..........the first one a bull walked out on the practice football field and crapped and we made $10,000..........took 5 minutes..........we realized that we could do it much bigger so we did it again with 3 times the number of squares and the bull walked out there and crapped again and we made $30,000.........that was about the best i could do....
we found that the most effective way to raise funds was to win.........when you win you don't have to beg for money..........your concessions stands and fan gear sales provide you with all you need.........the huge gates ice the cake........sorry, not much experience with fund raising.........

Or working.
CENTRAL EAGLES MAKE PLAYS...NOT EXCUSES
cavaliereagle
Heisman

Postby A Fan » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:13 pm

BiLlYdAkIDd wrote:we didn't encourage much fundraising..........people get tired of the school constantly knocking on the door with a begger cup in their hand..........a golf tournament in 96........yea, that has money written all over it for sure..........the auction comes with begging people again to donate stuff to sell..........and if the auctioneer isn't really good it only brings marginal money..........i created 2 fundraisers in my time..........the first one a bull walked out on the practice football field and crapped and we made $10,000..........took 5 minutes..........we realized that we could do it much bigger so we did it again with 3 times the number of squares and the bull walked out there and crapped again and we made $30,000.........that was about the best i could do....

what a shock....billy admits he is a pro at bull sh!#
A Fan
Freshman

Postby cattail » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:21 pm

A Fan wrote:

what a shock....billy admits he is a pro at bull sh!#

I will call double BULL $#!t on that. Prove it, give me one name of someone that can prove it?
So in order to pull that Bull Crap off you would have to mark off a field with 100 squares and get 100 people to put up $100 (no begging there). I'm sure it took way longer than 5 minutes to draw up the field that also had to be fenced in and 100 people came running to throw $100 into Macks dedicated and honest hands.
What a joke, This man always has a better story, a better way to do things, a better idea, a smarter way than any other before him. My God this man is just frigging genus. How come Obama does not have him working for the Gubment solving worlds problems?
cattail
All-American

Postby bbcat » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:25 am

don't get on to mack too much.....both of you have to come on here and feed your ego.....and both of you sya its for the kids.....is it for the one you threw under the bus????????and why would 96 need to raise money......our tax money pays for every expense the football team has......the 96 charge more than most schools to get ing the gate.....they even charge for pre-school kids to get in.....but like mack said when you are losing the people don't come......maybe you need to raise money to pay for those knives you keep sticking in coach's backs.......
bbcat
Freshman

Postby cattail » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:48 am

bbcat wrote:don't get on to mack too much.....both of you have to come on here and feed your ego.....and both of you sya its for the kids.....is it for the one you threw under the bus????????and why would 96 need to raise money......our tax money pays for every expense the football team has......the 96 charge more than most schools to get ing the gate.....they even charge for pre-school kids to get in.....but like mack said when you are losing the people don't come......maybe you need to raise money to pay for those knives you keep sticking in coach's backs.......

BB I thought you were more supportive of our schools extra curricular activities. If you must know and I thought you would know, seeing how you're so in the know. Our athletic booster club PAYS for every uniform that EVERY ATHLETE at 96 wears. And if you ever notice our kids look pretty darn good. This year we will have the opportunity to buy new football uniforms because of the wonderful support we receive from the community. Unlike the support we get from you and Mack.
Hey I don't have to stick knives in a Coaches back, I don't hide behind fake names, He knows me and he knows exactly how I feel about the way he runs his program. Another example: We bought the basketball team new uniforms and warm-ups a couple years ago. Those undisciplined basketball players had lost half their warm-ups before the season was half over, we found some of them laying under and behind bleachers. They walk around with their pants down to their knees and never do I see them sitting together as a team. Every other school I see comes in together as a team, they sit as a team and the dress nicely as a team. All you have to do is come watch our players how they carry themselves and it a complete reflection of the Coach. No other program at 96 has a team carry themselves that way. If calling it like I see it to a man face is sticking knives in his back, then its only because he's walking away as I speak the truth and I have said these things openly for years. No hiding here big dog.
BTW how am I feeding my EGO??? Invite is still open for breakfast or lunch, Your choice of location
Last edited by cattail on Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
cattail
All-American

Next

Return to Class 2A