Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

WTUA speaks!

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

WTUA speaks!

Postby WTUAplaybyplay » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:18 pm

Well, I must say I am not surprised by the negative comments regarding the stations switch from Timberland to Berkeley. I will tell my side, then log off and will not reply further. Wayne and I thoroughly enjoyed broadcasting Timberland football over the last 8 years. We loved it. Saw some incredible games, made a lot of great friends, and not just from T'land. Mine and Waynes kids went to Timberland. We loved it and put everything we had into it. With the only active station in Moncks Corner leaving a few years ago, Glory communications, based out of Columbia, decided to move the station there. It only makes good economic sense. The few businesses on this end of the county are hit up with rec teams, schools, yearbook ads, etc, and they just can't give to everyone. I am not involved with the station other than Friday nights, but I have heard the manager say that the station loses money yearly broadcasting the games. The broadcast almost moved last year, but decided to stick it out until the year they physically moved. Yes, Wayne and I could have said NO - we will not do Berkeley games. Guess what - it was moving anyway and someone else would have done it. I love High School Football, and I love broadcasting it. It's the most fun I've ever had doing anything, so I will not walk away from it. I understand T'land fans being upset, I would be too if the shoe was on the other foot. The people that I care what they think, are intelligent enough to understand the situation. Peace
WTUAplaybyplay
Freshman

Re: WTUA speaks!

Postby CITYSLICKER » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:13 pm

YOU BETTER GET THAT BLUE AND GOLD ON CAUSE I WILL BE LOOKING TO MAKE SURE YALL DONT HAVE FOREST GREEN ON?? :o :o :o :o :o
556 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING- 50 YEARS
RIDING THE CRUZE TRAIN
http://WWW.BERKELEYSTAGSFOOTBALL.COM
CITYSLICKER
Heisman

Return to Class 2A