BATESBURG-LEESVILLE vs SILVER BLUFF

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

BATESBURG-LEESVILLE vs SILVER BLUFF

Postby 79StateChamp » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:32 pm

Congrats to the 2013 Upper State Champs B-L Panthers and to the 2013 Lower State Champs Silver Bluff. It is good to have two teams with great football traditions doing battle once again for the State Championship. :D

Congrats to Coach Brown and his staff. I have always been a strong supporter of the two platoon system in football and last night against Chesnee it paid huge dividends! Batesburg-Leesville fought hard for all four quarters and never gave up. Chesnee did the same but had too many players going both ways and this was a major factor in the fourth quarter and made a difference in the ball game. ;)

Batesburg-Leesville work hard this week as Silver Bluff will prove to be just as tough as Chesnee! ;)

B-L Panther Seniors this is the last week you will ever wear the Purple and Gold and for most of you it will be the last time you will ever wear a helmet. Make this last week of practice your best! I saw some seniors step up their leadership last night. KEEP IT UP!

B-L Panther Juniors this is the last week of practice for you this season. Make it your best! For after this week the team will be yours to lead. Start that leadership this week! WORK HARD!

B-L Panther Underclassmen the B-L tradition is in your hands for years to come. Continue to WORK HARD THIS WEEK and continue to build on that tradition!

Fight hard Panthers this Friday until the final whistle blows! ;)

PANTHER NATION we packed the house in Chesnee and that support made a difference in the game! Let’s shut the town of Batesburg-Leesville down come Friday and fill the stands at Benedict in order to show our support for our Panthers!

See you Friday!! GO PANTHERS! :D
True B-L Panthers NEVER QUIT !!
79StateChamp
Freshman

Re: BATESBURG-LEESVILLE vs SILVER BLUFF

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:44 pm

great post.......
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:27 pm

“I’ve coached 43 years, and this team improved more than any team I’ve ever coached,” Batesburg-Leesville coach Jerry Brown said. “This is our 10th win in a row. We got pumped up on defense in the second half and knew we could score. Our defense really responded and we’re going into Columbia with a lot of confidence.”
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby flying eagle » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:59 am

I think BL will win this game they have to much for Silver Bluff to handle BL 28 SB 10
flying eagle
All-American

Postby atown fan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:11 am

Go get em B L,bring it home to our region.
atown fan
JV

Postby Total Dominance » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:01 pm

I'm pulling for Batesburg-Leesville but I think that Silver Bluff will win.

6 state championships (1971, 1981, 1991, 1996, 2010, 2011)
9 upper state championships
and counting ...

formerly known as the #1 Stunna (incognito)
Total Dominance
All-American

Postby GlockM22 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:50 pm

This thread is quite boring the day before the game so I guess....see you in Columbia.
GlockM22
Varsity

Postby Jay89 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:15 pm

GlockM22 wrote:This thread is quite boring the day before the game so I guess....see you in Columbia.

Hope you don't think we just gone give y'all the game it's gone be a hard fought game
Jay89
Freshman

Postby flying eagle » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:48 am

Good luck to both teams
flying eagle
All-American

Postby ST Rebels 72 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:28 pm

Early in this season Tim and I was having a conversation about the state of Strom Thurmond football.....one of the questios asked was, "is ST not so good this year or has our competition gotten better". My answer to that was ST is having some growing pains and we are not as strong of a team as we were the previous year, but we do have a solid team that will get after you and they will get better as the year progress, but our copmpetition is stronger as well...I also said that we might have played the two teams that will play for 2A Div2 state title....Not many teams in the state has the speed that that these two teams bring to the table....

I'm proud to say that two of my favorite teams battled it out in the state title game. What a game it was. Both teams have a lot of tradition and I have a lot of respect for both teams.....Great job
ST Rebels 72
All-American

Return to Class 2A