Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Track on Hold

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

Track on Hold

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:02 am

here is the explaination to the taxpayers for the track project abruptly coming to a halt........now this is how you provide good, straight up information to the taxpayers right here....... :shock:

Greenwood County School District 52 (Ninety Six Schools)

At the board of Trustees meeting on March 11, 2014, the board authorized the selling of bonds to build the track behind the old high school. We had a good rate from First Citizens Bank and appeared to be a good deal for the district.

But the Board had some inaccurate information about the debt service. The board was informed that not all ...property would be responsible for the increase in millage for the debt service.

I met with all five board members on Thursday and Friday to correct the information they had received and subsequently used in their decision.

In light of the correct information provided, the board will be revisiting the bond and its subsequent debt service and it's impact on owner occupied homes .

This means the track project is on hold until further notice.
Mark Petersen
Superintendent

anybody want to take a shot at what is in bold ???........i have no idea what it SPECIFICALLY means......or even generally means.......can anybody explain ???......thanks for the help........
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Re: Track on Hold

Postby chopblock » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:50 am

Looks like the board was thinking that the millage could be levied on every home in the district. But school taxes cannot be levied on single family primary residence.

I think Greenwood County should consider doing what Aiken and other counties are doing by sending a 1 cent sales for facility upgrades to a referendum and not raising property taxes.
chopblock
Freshman

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:01 am

chopblock wrote:Looks like the board was thinking that the millage could be levied on every home in the district. But school taxes cannot be levied on single family primary residence.

I think Greenwood County should consider doing what Aiken and other counties are doing by sending a 1 cent sales for facility upgrades to a referendum and not raising property taxes.

this is a bond....all properties can be levied on to pay for a bond......single family homes included.........there is more to this than that......... ;)
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:44 pm

i just got this from someone and some of this may be off base........the board has locked this whole mess up in steel and they are not releasing any information except this curve ball statement i posted on here......but, here is what i have been told........when the clemson wanna bees came up with this insane idea to spend almost a million dollars on a track, their bond application was refused because they no longer have the borrowing power to borrow money........they have borrowed all they can borrow from anyone and every one......and let's remember.....when this bunch took over the district it was debt free and had 6 months operating expenses in the bank.........now it is upside down and as far in the hole as it can go.........and penniless......
so, this bunch decides to fabricate a bond agreement where this track is actually a community development project which allows them to use state and federal funds to help with the costs.......so, they submit the application and get a preliminary approval, which is is no way a final approval.........well, these clemson wanna bees got all excited over this sham looking like it was going through and in their march meeting approved the project........which no board should do until final approval is granted.......then on april 10 they have a meeting with the contractors, sign contracts, shake hands and go home and fantisize about the new track........here is a link......

http://www.indexjournal.com/Content/New ... 4/40/24792

well, they get ready to have the big ground breaking ceremony and start construction and the bond goes before the auditors for final approval and it is discovered that this bond is full of false information about the debt and a whole lot more........it is also revealed that this is a community development bond of some special kind where some community must benefit from this construction and the home owners of that community will be exempt from paying from the bond.......UH-OH !!!.........CAUGHT !!!....... :shock: ........so, the board huddles on thursday and friday and comes up with nothing........the rats are cornered with no where to go.........so, they put the project on hold.........only problem is they have signed contracts in place with the contractors that the district is legally liable to execute......UH-OH AGAIN.........big trouble now........ :shock: ..........so, they are looking anywhere and everywhere for a bad credit loan to try to get this built to avoid law suits by these contractors.........anybody know a finance company or title loan place that may can help ???..........because that is the level they are now down to from what i was told.......again, some of this may be off base but for certain there are huge problems behind all this mess.........there is no way these clemson wanna bees would stop this project if there was any way around it........lets see what shakes out and if they find the money somewhere.......no telling where this is going.........
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby capnchaos » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:38 pm

I wish I had your imagination when I was a kid.
capnchaos
JV

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:06 pm

capnchaos wrote:I wish I had your imagination when I was a kid.

no imagination here friend.........this is what i am being told........one thing is for sure........they can't get the money for some reason or they would be building this track right now.....something's wrong somewhere.........they even had the final planning meeting on the 10th.........the index article states that.........maybe they have a big ole imagination too, huh ???.........96 has never been turned down for financing before this..........never.........schools have borrowing limits like everybody else.........they have borrowed out.......
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:23 am

still don't have the money........this is like watching the 3 stooges run a business......

http://www.indexjournal.com/Content/New ... 4/40/24962

the article says the problem is related to taxation........BUT.......it then says this........
Area architects addressed the board during the hourlong executive session.

ARCHITECTS ????........for a tax problem ???........ :roll: :roll: .........sounds like they are trying to cut back the costs.........even though they were planning to spend $800,000 and went ahead and put in for a cool million to have some spare change........at least that is what they asked for in the TAX INCREASE to build it.......this town has lost its mind.........
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby 96fanatic » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:42 am

BiLlYdAkIDd wrote:still don't have the money........this is like watching the 3 stooges run a business......

the article says the problem is related to taxation........BUT.......it then says this........

ARCHITECTS ????........for a tax problem ???........ :roll: :roll: .........sounds like they are trying to cut back the costs.........even though they were planning to spend $800,000 and went ahead and put in for a cool million to have some spare change........at least that is what they asked for in the TAX INCREASE to build it.......this town has lost its mind.........

KIDd. do you know why they need a new track.i think they said
the current track does not meet the standards to hold some events.
have the standards changed. if not.why was the current track
not built to the standards to hold all events in track.
96fanatic
All-American

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:44 am

96fanatic wrote:
BiLlYdAkIDd wrote:still don't have the money........this is like watching the 3 stooges run a business......

Fanatic.........a track is simply a paved surface.......A MILLION DOLLARS ????..............and a tax increase to build it ???..........this town has lost its mind..........
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby 96fanatic » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:03 pm

BiLlYdAkIDd wrote:
96fanatic wrote:

Fanatic.........a track is simply a paved surface.......A MILLION DOLLARS ????..............and a tax increase to build it ???..........this town has lost its mind..........

I don't know why they would need a million dollars just
to make a new track.there has to be some other construction
going on besides making a new track.
96fanatic
All-American

Next

Return to Class 2A