Chesnee Football Job Update

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

Chesnee Football Job Update

Postby MillHill80 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:30 pm

Ran into a Chesnee administrator while at Strawberry Hill yesterday and was told some updated news on the the hiring of a new football coach. It seems as if things may stay in house with Coach Owens taking over the reigns as the new football coach. Nearly 50 applicants have applied and some quality coaches are in the running, but Coach Owens seems to be the easiest and quickest choice for the school to make. A few other quality local coaches are going to be in the final 8 come next week, I won't mention their names to save myself the headache of being investigated by recon31 (AKA Barnaby Jones) since he knows all and works in district 2. I will say that the final 8 are very good choices to interview, and many of them could do a good job running the Chesnee football program. If the choice is Coach Owens I wish him the best, he's known for building good football programs as he did at Broome many years ago.
MillHill80
Freshman

Re: Chesnee Football Job Update

Postby ratsinthepipe » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:25 pm

Great hire
ratsinthepipe
Freshman

Postby MillHill80 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:53 pm

Talked to another administrator yesterday, and it sounds like Coach Owens will be named the new head football on May 9th (next board meeting) or during an emergency meeting if their able to get all board members to attend. Coach Owens will do a great job I’m sure, and I look forward to him coaching my grandson in the future. With all of that said, I’m still curious to why the job was even posted knowing that we had our man right in front of us. The list of candidates were pretty good, but I’m assuming not good enough from what I’ve heard, but why interview or recommend individuals and not give them a fair shot? I reckon they interviewed for paperwork purposes. Regardless of the ins and outs of the hire, I just wanna see Chesnee football become great again like the good ole days.

“Make Chesnee Great Again”
MillHill80
Freshman

Postby joefrombelton2 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:57 am

[quote=“MillHill80”]Talked to another administrator yesterday, and it sounds like Coach Owens will be named the new head football on May 9th (next board meeting) or during an emergency meeting if their able to get all board members to attend. Coach Owens will do a great job I’m sure, and I look forward to him coaching my grandson in the future. With all of that said, I’m still curious to why the job was even posted knowing that we had our man right in front of us. The list of candidates were pretty good, but I’m assuming not good enough from what I’ve heard, but why interview or recommend individuals and not give them a fair shot? I reckon they interviewed for paperwork purposes. Regardless of the ins and outs of the hire, I just wanna see Chesnee football become great again like the good ole days.

“Make Chesnee Great Again”[/quote]

Any updates?
joefrombelton2
Freshman

Postby MillHill80 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:10 pm

Should hear announcement in the next few days, sounds like the transition is already in motion and the players are expecting the announcement.
MillHill80
Freshman

Postby IDGAF » Wed May 03, 2017 3:02 pm

well it is no secret but Bill Owens has been named Coach of Chesnee
IDGAF
Freshman

Postby flying eagle » Thu May 04, 2017 8:24 pm

Congrats Coach Owens
flying eagle
All-American

Postby ronnygray » Tue May 16, 2017 9:55 pm

Great job.Congrats!

www.TranåsIF.se
ronnygray
Freshman

Postby 1CANNON » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:51 pm

He's a proven winner. Him being an in house hire ain't too shabby neither.
Best wishes to the Chesnee Eagles
YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!
1CANNON
All-American

Postby flying eagle » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:24 am

[quote=“1CANNON”]He’s a proven winner. Him being an in house hire ain’t too shabby neither.
Best wishes to the Chesnee Eagles[/quote]
Thanks my friend Best wishes to Gaffney
flying eagle
All-American

Return to Class 2A