Region IV-AA

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

Re: Region IV-AA

Postby streamline » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:15 pm

Lee Central 14 Cheraw 7 ....... oh no Lee Central just became a contender and possibly region champs ..... if the win out
streamline
Freshman

Postby The-Apache » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:17 pm

Lee Central won 14-7, referees were horrible to say the least. Field conditions were just as horrible, like playing in a swamp. I don't see Lee Central going far, no passing game whatsoever, but they do have speed.
We got to tweak a few things but a loss now is better than in November.
The-Apache
Freshman

Postby streamline » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:43 pm

You don’t need much of a passing game to win in 2A. Bamberg Barnwell and Abbeville have little to no passing and they are rolling. Lee Central is now a contender in my mind
streamline
Freshman

Postby The-Apache » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:35 am

Dude,
You can’t put yourself in that class and hadn’t been out the first round in 6-7 years. It took poor field conditions, no other way to say it, but cheating refs and y’all could not put us away. But a win is a win. Point blank, the only way y’all get out the first round this year is if y’all have those same referees from tonight.
And you are right, Lee Central is a contender, but that’s a playoff contender. Cheraw is a contender, but a championship contender. Big difference.
The-Apache
Freshman

Postby Galloping Horse » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:06 am

Sounds like it was a great game, things are beginning to get interesting! My take on the contender, all teams are contenders, Syracuse and California proved that Friday night. I don't have a dog in this fight but it seems that this Lee Central program is on the rise while we all know the deal with the Braves. Hopefully y'all will see each other again, sounds like two darn good football teams that deserve a rematch. Great football game guy's and the best of luck to the both of you guy's.
Galloping Horse
Freshman

Postby streamline » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:08 am

Yal? I not a Lee Central fan I’m just saying they are better than I predicted or thought they were. Poor field conditions doesn’t mean anything both teams played on the same field. As for bad refs I wasn’t there, so I can’t speak on it. Cheraw must have over looked Lee Central. If you don’t bring you A game anyone can beat you. Lee Central lost big last year to Abbeville in the 1 st round and so did everyone else that played them includeding Cheraw. The Only team that came close to beating Abbeville was Saluda (20-15). Abbeville even blew out BL in the State Championship game.

Lee Central in a contender in my mind until I see otherwise. They are (8-1) and just beat Cheraw. If they win out they will Be Region champs because they will hold the heat to head victory vs Cheraw and will get a better playoff seed. So they won’t have to play Abbeville in the first round.
streamline
Freshman

Postby Galloping Horse » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:31 am

Great post Streamline I'm with you on this one!
Galloping Horse
Freshman

Postby The-Apache » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:46 pm

Looks like Apache is taking on all incomers here, but that’s how we like it. It was a great game and no doubt we were dialed in. We were there and the referees were horrible aka on the take. The Saturday morning QB show said they talked to LC coach after the game and he admitted to the maintenance crew ‘accidentally’ over watering the field.

You can be on the rise but by no means should you put yourself in the elite class. For those who didn’t get the analogy, New England is a championhip contender, Baltimore Ravens are a playoff contender. New England lost a couple of games to whoever but are champs. But just because you beat New England during the season doesn’t make you a championship contender

But hey, we lost, rematch is most definitely is looming and maybe the grounds crew can get it right and leave the refs over at the rec league.

It’s all love
The-Apache
Freshman

Postby Galloping Horse » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:06 pm

Great post but I don’t agree with your analogy. Example being Chapman in 3aa division, they certainly wasn’t considered ELITE last when they made their run to the title game and beat the ELITE Dillon. Who would have picked them to beat Dillon nonetheless win the championship? The bottom line is every week is your last game starting NOW because if you don't have this mindset you will get beat. No one cares about your rankings, your record, your win streak, the weather, field conditions, or bad referees, it's all apart of the game and the teams that find away to perservere will be playing for the championship. Atown is a good example of being a championship team, they take on all comers and win or lose the play hard and leave it on the field wether they win or lose.
Galloping Horse
Freshman

Postby The-Apache » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:22 am

Nice, and there are exceptions to every rule. In the Chapman analogy, we picked Chapman, they were a staple in 3A, that was destined to happen, Dillon dominated 2A with Avery McCall. And might I add a watered down 2A because there were 2 state champs, Divisions I and II, which in essence was the upper and lower state crowned as state champs. 5A eliminated that watered down two division mess. That was Dillon first year in 3A with a QB that shopped his way around to a school lost the championship game then shopped his way around again now in Charlotte somewhere.

All those other things are so true, but after the 27th, it’s week to week and we’ll see who’s left standing in December, good luck
The-Apache
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to Class 2A