Chesterfield at Abbeville

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

Chesterfield at Abbeville

Postby Dick Rambone » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:10 pm

Let's get this party started.....

Predictions?

Go Rams!!
Dick Rambone
Freshman

Re: Chesterfield at Abbeville

Postby 96fanatic » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:30 pm

i have seen ABBEVILLE teams play
for many years including 3 times
this year.in my humble opinion this
is as good or better than any of them.
they lost one of the top running backs
in the state in any class to a knee injury
a few weeks ago but they have the depth
to keep on trucking.i know any team can
be beat but man you have to bring it for
4 quarters against the PANTHERS or they
will run you out of the stadium.who knows
the RAMS may have the team to do it.
96fanatic
All-American

Postby Total Dominance » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:42 pm

I don't know anything about Chesterfield, but I damn sure like A-Town's chances. Simply put: to be the man, you gotta beat the man!

9 state championships (’71, ’81, ’91, ’96, ’10, ’11, ’15, ’16, ’17)
and counting...

formerly known as the #1 Stunna (incognito)
Total Dominance
All-American

Postby ChopChop » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:29 pm

Chesterfield is playing some good ball as of late. They like to spread you out and have a good quarterback. If you can't cover the pass they will score a lot. Their defense is not that good and you will be able to run on them at will. Good luck to both teams and it pains me to say this but I am hoping Chesterfield wins so we don't have to travel so far and get some redemption.
ChopChop
Freshman

Postby Total Dominance » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:49 pm

[quote=“ChopChop”]Chesterfield is playing some good ball as of late. They like to spread you out and have a good quarterback. If you can’t cover the pass they will score a lot. Their defense is not that good and you will be able to run on them at will. Good luck to both teams and it pains me to say this but I am hoping Chesterfield wins so we don’t have to travel so far and get some redemption.[/quote]
See you on the 17th!

9 state championships (’71, ’81, ’91, ’96, ’10, ’11, ’15, ’16, ’17)
and counting...

formerly known as the #1 Stunna (incognito)
Total Dominance
All-American

Postby ChopChop » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:03 pm

[quote=“Total Dominance”][quote=“ChopChop”]Chesterfield is playing some good ball as of late. They like to spread you out and have a good quarterback. If you can’t cover the pass they will score a lot. Their defense is not that good and you will be able to run on them at will. Good luck to both teams and it pains me to say this but I am hoping Chesterfield wins so we don’t have to travel so far and get some redemption.[/quote]
See you on the 17th![/quote]

Your probably right but that is why we play the game.
ChopChop
Freshman

Postby Dick Rambone » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:02 pm

The Braves being seeded #3 are poised to easily make the 3rd round. The Rams finishing 2nd on the other hand have them facing a much tougher pathway, but you do have to beat the best to be the best so we would have to face Abbeville anyway if we were good enough or lucky enough to advance in the playoffs. We have a tough hurdle but being the underdog, the Rams have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Abbeville expects to win and sometimes that can work against you. Einstein says that the Rams must not turn the ball over and must somehow stop the Abbeville running game and hope for a few Abbeville turnovers. Accomplish that and the Rams have a chance, but that will be a monumental task. If I was the coach, I'd employ the same game plan the Cocks used against Georgia. Stack the box and force Abbeville to throw the ball. It didn't work for the Cocks in the long run, but it did keep the score respectable. It will be David vs. Goliath. Win or go home!!

Go Rams!!
Dick Rambone
Freshman

Postby Dick Rambone » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:12 pm

Doodles has Abbeville favored by 32....

Whoa Nellie!! We don't like that kinda party!!

Go Rams!!
Dick Rambone
Freshman

Postby Truefan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:27 pm

ChopChop wrote: Their defense is not that good and you will be able to run on them at will. Good luck to both teams and it pains me to say this but I am hoping Chesterfield wins so we don't have to travel so far and get some redemption.

So what does that actually say about the Brave's offense? I do not know the numbers, but from the stands it looked like they handled the brave offense. Also does that mean you're looking forward to coming to the "Battle Grounds" while overlooking Blacksburg?
"The point of the game is not how well the individual does but whether the team wins.It's the feeling of teamwork that you'll remember. You'll forget the plays, the hits, and the scores, but you'll never forget your teammates"
Truefan
Varsity

Postby ChopChop » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:25 pm

[quote=“Truefan”][quote=“ChopChop”] Their defense is not that good and you will be able to run on them at will. Good luck to both teams and it pains me to say this but I am hoping Chesterfield wins so we don’t have to travel so far and get some redemption.[/quote]

So what does that actually say about the Brave’s offense? I do not know the numbers, but from the stands it looked like they handled the brave offense. Also does that mean you’re looking forward to coming to the “Battle Grounds” while overlooking Blacksburg?[/quote]

Go look at the Stats we were able to run on you at will...We won every statistical category except the scoreboard. I don't over look anyone but in a perfect world if we win against Blacksburg. I like our chances better against Chesterfield.
ChopChop
Freshman

Next

Return to Class 2A