Cheraw @ Abbeville (3rd Round of Playoffs)

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

Re: Cheraw @ Abbeville (3rd Round of Playoffs)

Postby chieftomma » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:26 am

This game came down to two plays for abbeville...they had a 61 yard TD run on a sweep and a 78 yard reverse off the sweep. Two great calls by their staff. Our defense played lights out except for those two plays. Bottom line our offensive line was not able to consistently block abbeville’s DL and LBs. Abbeville’s LBs are very very good and disruptive. I know abbeville has some key injuries...I hope they can play next week and in the state championship....if they can I don’t see anyone beating abbeville. Good luck to the Panthers...Cheraw moves up to 3A for probably 2 years...and we will probably struggle for two years....losing 23 seniors doesn’t help and many are 3 year starters. Plus our JV team this year only won 3 games. Be patient fans and remember you have to take the good with the bad years. We will see what kind of coaching staff we have next year...can they develop players and get ready to be the smallest school in 3A...I talked to our AD and he said our schedule next year is tough...Darlington, Marlboro, Chesterfield, Central, and Lamar are our non-conference games and then we play Lake City, Marion, Aynor, Loris, & Dillon in conference play. Hopefully we can at least make the playoffs next year..#BRAVEHEART....see y’all next year.
chieftomma
Freshman

Re: Cheraw @ Abbeville (3rd Round of Playoffs)

Postby chieftomma » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:49 am

Our defense played well enough to win...but our OL simply could not block abbeville’s front 7...it was the same problem all year...I said earlier in the season that if our OL didn’t improve we would lose in playoffs vs good teams...and abbeville certainly is very good. Good luck vs Saluda...don’t think anyone will beat y’all. # BRAVEHEART
chieftomma
Freshman

Previous

Return to Class 2A