Cheraw @ Abbeville (3rd Round of Playoffs)

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

Re: Cheraw @ Abbeville (3rd Round of Playoffs)

Postby Dick Rambone » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:52 pm

Einstein said the Braves had to contain #8. He just busted one 67 yards to pay dirt.

3rd qtr

Abbeville 14
Braves 0
Dick Rambone
Freshman

Postby Dick Rambone » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:16 pm

Braves listened to Einstein and started chunking the rock. 5 yard TD pass on 3rd and goal.

9:14 to go 4th qtr

Abbeville 14
Braves 7

Whoa Nellie!! Panthers are puckering......You couldn't drive a 10 penny nail in the rump of the Abbeville mascot using a tub of grease and a sledgehammer. Braves like that kinda party!!

Go Braves!!
Dick Rambone
Freshman

Postby Dick Rambone » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:42 pm

Braves turned it over on downs on the Abbeville 35 with less than 2 minutes to play.

Final

Abbeville 14
Braves 7

Good game Braves. You gave them all they wanted.
Dick Rambone
Freshman

Postby Atown » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:38 am

Abbeville showed the heart of a Champion tonight. Without their starting QB and best WR they win a hard fought game against a very good Cheraw team. The Cheraw defense was great except for two big plays. They have nothing to hang their heads about. Abbeville needs to get healthy moving forward.
Atown
Freshman

Postby Ramm » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:44 am

Abbeville defense won this game the little bravevettes try but fail..beating abbeville team without star player jackson,alot drinking on hwy 9 tonight wondering if they will ever get back to promise land..Abbeville owns cheraw and chesterfield..so keep drinking and back braveville usa and remember losing is a way of life drinking is optional... :lol: :lol: i just wonder how this game would have turn out with healthly jackson..but soph qb play like a champion.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: tee pee is and the little braves are going back to hills for winter..
Ramm
Varsity

Postby Jay89 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:47 am

[quote=“Atown”]Abbeville showed the heart of a Champion tonight. Without their starting QB and best WR they win a hard fought game against a very good Cheraw team. The Cheraw defense was great except for two big plays. They have nothing to hang their heads about. Abbeville needs to get healthy moving forward.[/quote]
Is the QB and WR gone play next week I'm thinking about coming to watch this one..
Jay89
Freshman

Postby Ramm » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:50 am

jackson will play not sure about WR..if jackson plays abbeville walk the dog on saluda...is big part of machine..other part was hurt in the hartsville game #22..torn acl...
Ramm
Varsity

Postby Total Dominance » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:40 am

First of all, my hat’s off to the Cheraw Braves! They were absolutely as tough an “out” as advertised. They shut down our vaunted running attack better than any team we’ve faced in recent memory. Both defensive units were stellar: Abbeville amassed 210 yards of total offense, Cheraw tallied 190. Neither “D” was willing to give an inch... or should I say a yard? That is exactly what the fourth down play with less than two minutes remaining came down to. The Panthers were able to stuff the Braves’ running back short of the marker and then, and only then, could the hometown faithful actually exhale and breathe. This was truly an epic battle of two heavyweights, with neither deserving to go home with an “L”. But that’s the realization of sports... someone has to fill that role. Hopefully, A-Town can use this next week to heal up physically and prepare for a very good Saluda team. I think the young men in garnet and gold will seize this opportunity and come out Friday ready to capture their 12th upper state championship. GO PANTHERS!!!

9 state championships (’71, ’81, ’91, ’96, ’10, ’11, ’15, ’16, ’17)
and counting...

formerly known as the #1 Stunna (incognito)
Total Dominance
All-American

Postby The-Apache » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:02 pm

Great game, kept fans on the edge all night. We are losing over 20 seniors and a lot in key positions, LB, DL, OL, QB, RB, DB and K/P. But we will reload, we have some very good skill positions returning. Our farm system, JV, will have to grow up quick, AAA is on the horizon. Great job this season by Coach Poole and his braintrusts.

Good luck A-Town, we’ll see y’all again after the next realignment. The-Apache will be on the 3A blog next year wreaking havoc. Adiós
The-Apache
Freshman

Postby braves1989 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:37 pm

Was a great game I heard, wish I would have been on first shift this week. I actually got to listen on phone on Braves radio for a few minutes at lunch. Braves keep your heads up you were magnificent and Abbeville congrats and good luck on your march to state!
ImageGOT WARPAINT ????
braves1989
Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Class 2A