Saluda vs Lee Central

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

Saluda vs Lee Central

Postby streamline » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:30 pm

Saluda looks like they will have another tough game. This game will be decided by 7 points or less...... I got Saluda in this one
streamline
Freshman

Re: Saluda vs Lee Central

Postby 96fanatic » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:04 pm

i will be there to watch this one.
GO GET'EM TIGERS!
96fanatic
All-American

Postby *Topcat* » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:11 am

Saluda struggled mightily with 96....and while I haven’t seen Saluda or Lee Central....I have seen 96....twice. To struggle with them in 2nd round playoff game is not a good sign. I would give Lee Central the edge here....though home field for the Tigers will push this one closer to a toss-up type game...IMO.
*Topcat*
All-American

Postby Total Dominance » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:57 am

[quote=”*Topcat*”]Saluda struggled mightily with 96....and while I haven’t seen Saluda or Lee Central....I have seen 96....twice. To struggle with them in 2nd round playoff game is not a good sign. I would give Lee Central the edge here....though home field for the Tigers will push this one closer to a toss-up type game...IMO.[/quote]
I'm with you on this one, "Cat". No disrespect intended here, but Abbeville played Ninety Six in the opener and the final regular season game. Neither "contest" was even remotely close, with final scores of 54-16 and 42-7. The dogs were called off in the 3rd quarter each time. Our backups were given lots and lots of reps.

9 state championships (’71, ’81, ’91, ’96, ’10, ’11, ’15, ’16, ’17)
and counting...

formerly known as the #1 Stunna (incognito)
Total Dominance
All-American

Postby 96fanatic » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:31 pm

[quote=“Total Dominance”][quote=”*Topcat*”]Saluda struggled mightily with 96....and while I haven’t seen Saluda or Lee Central....I have seen 96....twice. To struggle with them in 2nd round playoff game is not a good sign. I would give Lee Central the edge here....though home field for the Tigers will push this one closer to a toss-up type game...IMO.[/quote]
I’m with you on this one, “Cat”. No disrespect intended here, but Abbeville played Ninety Six in the opener and the final regular season game. Neither “contest” was even remotely close, with final scores of 54-16 and 42-7. The dogs were called off in the 3rd quarter each time. Our backups were given lots and lots of reps.[/quote]

just my opinion.i doubt that the PANTHERS will
have much trouble in the next 3 games no matter
which team they play unless they have a terrible game.
96fanatic
All-American

Postby SaludaTigerAlumni » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:41 pm

The Tigers did struggle in the First Half, similar to our performance with Central, but really picked it up in the Second Half against the Wildcats. It is hard to beat a team twice, especially in the playoffs so I expected this to be a close contest and will take a 2 TD win over a rival school.

Now with that said, the Tigers really need to get off to a good start against Lee Central. This will be our toughest test all year since Strom Thurmond to open the season, so we have to have that mindset to start strong.

The Tiger Defense has not given up a point in the 2nd half of the two playoff games so it is encouraging that we are making great halftime adjustments. We have also been missing our best player on offense the last two weeks. Hopefully we can get him back which will give us a spark.

Also, Saluda is riding a 16 game home winning streak so we have proved it is tough to beat the Tigers at home. With that and the Tigers hungry to face off with Abbeville for the 3rd year in a row, I think we will see a Tiger team that is ready to prove the doubters wrong.

Saluda 26
Lee Central 24
SaludaTigerAlumni
Freshman

Postby flying eagle » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:27 pm

In over time Saluda wins 27 to 21
flying eagle
All-American

Postby SaludaTigerAlumni » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:37 am

Anyone have any insight on Lee Central? Would love to hear what we are up against.
SaludaTigerAlumni
Freshman

Postby The-Apache » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:53 am

I hate to say it, but Saluda you need to be alarmed. Lee Central is physical in the trenches on both sides of the ball. They run the wing T very well and have a lot of speed. DB’s are suspect but will hit. I’ve never seen Saluda play but heard they are good. I got to go with Region IV though

Lee Central 26
Saluda 21
The-Apache
Freshman

Postby 96fanatic » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:00 am

they beat a good well coached SOUTHSIDE CHRISTIAN team.
i think the TIGERS will have their hands full.LEE CENTRAL
will also have their hands full with the TIGERS.SALUDA needs
to step it up in the first half this week.i am looking forward
to a heck of a game. GO GET'EM TIGERS!
96fanatic
All-American

Next

Return to Class 2A