Saluda @ Abbeville (2A Upper State Championship)

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

Re: Saluda @ Abbeville (2A Upper State Championship)

Postby Total Dominance » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:47 am

Real simple: Saluda HOPES to win; Abbeville EXPECTS to win! A-Town by 14+.

9 state championships (’71, ’81, ’91, ’96, ’10, ’11, ’15, ’16, ’17)
and counting...

formerly known as the #1 Stunna (incognito)
Total Dominance
All-American

Postby *Topcat* » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:04 pm

[quote=“SaludaTigerAlumni”][quote=”*Topcat*”]I’m with ya on that TD! I hope we get our starting QB back...if not....the kid did a good job last friday.....got experience against a very good defense. This past friday, I believe we could have had some success just spreading 4 wide, and, putting #8 in the wildcat and just let him go with it. Just my opinion. We struggled mightily with what we were trying to do except for 2 long runs. That said, I don’t expect Saluda to have the same athletes on D that Cheraw had, but, I do expect their offense to be better than Cheraw.[/quote]

If you don’t think Saluda has athletes on defense comparable to Cheraw, you are sadly mistaken my friend. Y’all must have forgotten the battle last year where we had a couple of chances to win at the end but lost 21-16. This is going to be another hard hitting ball game! We have had Abbeville circled the last 2 years and we are getting it this year. 3rd time is the charm.

Saluda 21
Abbeville 14[/quote]
Bring it on!!!! What about 2 years ago? 38-14. You can hang your hat on last year if you want to, that gets you nothing. Everybody has us circled....we are used to it!
*Topcat*
All-American

Postby TIM » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:40 pm

Should be a good one.
Someone please tell me that Abbeville has upgraded the seating in the stadium??????
PRIDE, CLASS, COURAGE AND THE WILL TO WIN
TIM
All-American

Postby Total Dominance » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:23 pm

[quote=“TIM”]Should be a good one.
Someone please tell me that Abbeville has upgraded the seating in the stadium??????[/quote]
same old, same old, bruh!

and counting...

Total Dominance
All-American

Postby Total Dominance » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:25 pm

[quote=“SaludaTigerAlumni”]Also think it is a crap that Abbeville is hosting this game for the 3rd year in a row. 2015 is understandable because they won our Region that year. But having it in there 2016 and 17 is BS. Shame on the High School League for that. Tigers got a lot of motivation rolling into town Friday night.[/quote]
Motivation? Our seniors want that 3rd state championship ring.

and counting...

Total Dominance
All-American

Postby SaludaTigerAlumni » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:20 pm

*Topcat* wrote:[quote=“SaludaTigerAlumni”][quote=”*Topcat*”]I’m with ya on that TD! I hope we get our starting QB back...if not....the kid did a good job last friday.....got experience against a very good defense. This past friday, I believe we could have had some success just spreading 4 wide, and, putting #8 in the wildcat and just let him go with it. Just my opinion. We struggled mightily with what we were trying to do except for 2 long runs. That said, I don’t expect Saluda to have the same athletes on D that Cheraw had, but, I do expect their offense to be better than Cheraw.

If you don’t think Saluda has athletes on defense comparable to Cheraw, you are sadly mistaken my friend. Y’all must have forgotten the battle last year where we had a couple of chances to win at the end but lost 21-16. This is going to be another hard hitting ball game! We have had Abbeville circled the last 2 years and we are getting it this year. 3rd time is the charm.

Saluda 21
Abbeville 14[/quote]
Bring it on!!!! What about 2 years ago? 38-14. You can hang your hat on last year if you want to, that gets you nothing. Everybody has us circled....we are used to it![/quote]

Starting to figure out the A-Bone now, teams were even last year in my opinion. Better hope that QB gets healthy. Everyone knew A-Town was gonna be there, but people have been doubting Saluda every round of the playoffs. We got a chip on our shoulder. We ready for that action Friday night.
SaludaTigerAlumni
Freshman

Postby SaludaTigerAlumni » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:23 pm

Total Dominance wrote:[quote=“SaludaTigerAlumni”]Also think it is a crap that Abbeville is hosting this game for the 3rd year in a row. 2015 is understandable because they won our Region that year. But having it in there 2016 and 17 is BS. Shame on the High School League for that. Tigers got a lot of motivation rolling into town Friday night.

Motivation? Our seniors want that 3rd state championship ring.[/quote]

Our Seniors have lost the last 2 years at Abbeville. We definitely are motivated, not to discredit Abbeville. All y'all know is winning but our culture is a lot different. We were happy to be there in 2015. We EXPECT it now. We won't back down from A-Town on one snap Friday night.
SaludaTigerAlumni
Freshman

Postby *Topcat* » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:06 pm

Figuring out the A-bone and stopping it are two different deals. Seems I recall 4 years ago going to Saluda in a first round playoff game with a 3-7 Abbeville team in a down year and beating you on your field. You definitely knew what we were going to do that night.....cause all we ran all night was the wishbone with 2 tight ends! Left and right....still won. A-bone is a different machine now....very little wishbone, thankfully. At full or close to full strength we can toss it around too. We had 28 in the game last year but for an absolute bogus holding call....yes it was bogus. Fortunately 21 was enough.
*Topcat*
All-American

Postby SaludaTigerAlumni » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:25 pm

*Topcat* wrote:Figuring out the A-bone and stopping it are two different deals. Seems I recall 4 years ago going to Saluda in a first round playoff game with a 3-7 Abbeville team in a down year and beating you on your field. You definitely knew what we were going to do that night.....cause all we ran all night was the wishbone with 2 tight ends! Left and right....still won. A-bone is a different machine now....very little wishbone, thankfully. At full or close to full strength we can toss it around too. We had 28 in the game last year but for an absolute bogus holding call....yes it was bogus. Fortunately 21 was enough.

Well no one on that team is still playing, so that's irrelevant. The players who will be on the field Friday made a big jump in defending the A-Bone from 2015 to 16. Don't expect that to change Friday. Especially if Jackson is out. There were plenty of bad calls on our end last year too, including the refs blowing the whistle wayyyyy to early on what should have a been a fumble deep in A-Town territory.

I'm just defending my squad here, I know Abbeville is the favorite and has been all year but I don't think it is fair for you or anyone else to discredit the success Saluda has had the last 3 years and just assume y'all are gonna roll through us. You can bet your rearend this is going to be a battle.
SaludaTigerAlumni
Freshman

Postby ABBEVILLEBORN1986 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:38 pm

I personally think if saluda didn’t beat us last year, it sure isn’t going happen this year. That running back saluda had last year was the truth! Saluda just does not have the speed to keep up for 4 quarters. I think it is close towards half time then panthers roll by 21! If u want to be the Man U got to beat the man!!! Wooooooooo #3peat #repthaA #alwayspractingonturkeyday
Abbeville born, Abbeville bred, when I die I will be abbeville dead. #ALLABOUTTHE"A"
ABBEVILLEBORN1986
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to Class 2A